Discuss Hanging wallpaper in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

Colour Republic

No problem.

To be honest price of paper is not always an indication of quality. It can be a bit of pot luck. places like B&Q, homebase... have some shocking papers they also have some excellant papers all in the same price range, then you have named design houses who also have some shockers and diamonds but are are 5 times the price. Not all brands make their own papers, many go on buying trips to Asia to select papers for their collections. Those papers can end up in B&Q or in an exclusive boutique somewhere.

My advice would be to not think about price too much but just pick something you like

C

Colour Republic

One last thing.

Measure from skirting boards to ceiling, find out the pattern repeat then add this to your measurement for worse case. This will determine how many drops you will get from a standard euro bolt (10.05m) In most cases this would be either 3 or 4 drops.

It is very important that you check batch numbers as shading can be a real problem

In fact the more I think about it tiling and papering is not too different when it comes to the rules

D

Deleted member 9966

well me and Mr GRR had a bash at wallpapering on Saturday. I was called in to do the pattern matching and alignment whilst he got the difficult job of pasting the wall.

we used the Dulux Feature Wall range Peony in the Pearl colour, as I had already by total accident purchased the Dulux Almost Oyster paint they recommend to match. The whole experience took us about 5 hours from start to finish. Careful cutting and pattern alignment made for an intricate job, but I have to say the pattern didn't always match perfectly. Our biggest mistake was not starting from the L shaped kink by the bedroom door. This left us with 1 inch inside the room before it turned the corner towards the door. doh. We live and learn.

couple of pics for ya
216582_10150167169129020_551199019_6564600_5404460_n.jpg

227594_10150167169539020_551199019_6564601_1321649_n.jpg

U

user123

I love wallpapering, have done a lot of it in my life, and learned from my Dad and ex-husband, too, who wall-papered and decorated high-end houses, with me as assistant :)

You'll find the pasting table a little wider than the wall paper itself, so put down a few length but stagger them width ways to cover all the table, to stop you getting paste on the table and with that on the surface of the paper. Cover the paper well, no dotting and dabbing!! :lol:

When you've pasted the paper, fold it into threes into itself, matching the edges up so you don't get paste all over every nearby surface. Leave to soak in, no good the paper softening on the wall, and overlap /butt up the wallpaper edges by 1mm while you put the rolls on, that applies to most but not all papers, so when they dry and shrink again a bit you have super neat edges with no gaps in between.
The top edge towards the ceiling is really important, don't try and cut straight and push the wallpaper up to the ceiling, give yourself enough overlap, (keeping that in mind when you cut your lengths) say 10 cm or so to go over, brush and tap the wallpaper right into the ceiling corner, scribe the paper from below gently with the blunt edge of your wall paper scissors or similar, pull the paper off again just enough for you to see the line from the underneath side and cut carefully along that ..that way it follows the ceiling line exactly, anything else will just annoy you forever. Same at the bottom. Really make sure you brush out all the bubbles with a soft broad wallpaper brush, too, as you get better there will be less of them, but don't brush so hard as to damage the paper.

Have a soft damp cloth handy to wipe our hands as you go along, you don't want pasty fingers all over your nice new paper! And enjoy yourself :thumbsup:

Reply to Hanging wallpaper in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, looking for advice and what to do next. Have had main bathroom installed via a local...
Replies
Views
Hi, New to the forum. I'm going to be installing a new corner, shower unit with tiled walls...
Replies
Views
S
Hello Everyone! new DIYER here. Me and my husband have just brought our first home which was...
Replies
Views
GordonK
G
R
Started a wet room this week normally I use mosaics on the tray but they don't do a matching one...
Replies
Views
bcd-87
B
T
Not a question, but a suprising observation of an illusion! My next task has been to come up...
Replies
Views
bcd-87
B

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Hanging wallpaper
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.