Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Has anyone ever signed on? and what was your experience in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

Deleted member 9966

I signed on just before Christmas 2007. I didn't notice how I was treated because I was just bogging at all the wasters that were just hanging around in there.

They did have the cheek to tell me that if I didn't get a job in my chosen field (human resources and recruitment) then I'd have to start apply for absolutely any jobs.

Very incentivising when you're trying to do your best to find a job. But not once did they ever ask for evidence that I was actually job hunting :mad2:

morons :incazzato:

S

Scott

I had to do it years ago when i lost my job, i lived in Luton then, needless to say as a large town with lots of different ethnic backgrounds it was an interesting environment but one i loathed.

I had to take a ticket, (a bit like the ones they used to have in the superarket deli counters) They said the wait was usually half an hour but when you got your ticket number 90 and they were only on 60 something you knew you were gonna be there for hours. On top of that i had a different ticket to get my mortgage form signed so the insurance would pay for it.

I should really have gone and signed last May when i opted to stay home with the kids just to get my stamp paid if nothing else but there i no way i could face that situation again. Id rather pay my NI myself than put myself through that ever again

I hope you find something soon :thumbsup:

S

SandyFloor

I did it for about two months 17 years ago. The whole experience was so unpleasant it made me buck up my ideas and determined to be so employable I'd never be out of work again. I haven't been out of work since.

Sometimes things like this are good to bring you down to earth. Now, if I had to, I'd do the most dirty miserable job to make a living. And what's more I'd do it the best I could. There's a positive in almost everything.

B

boldydave

i signed on when i was 19 for a few months between jobs and back then it didn`t bother me at all.i`m 38 now and about 4 months ago i was looking in the job centre and it was signing on day.there was a woman sat at a desk calling people to sign by their surnames.no mr or mrs either, she called "smith" "jones" "jenkins" etc. I thought that was SO rude and needless.i`m not a natural complainer but i realy wanted to go over and tell her she sounded like a gestapo officer.

D

diamondtiling

i signed on when i was 19 for a few months between jobs and back then it didn`t bother me at all.i`m 38 now and about 4 months ago i was looking in the job centre and it was signing on day.there was a woman sat at a desk calling people to sign by their surnames.no mr or mrs either, she called "smith" "jones" "jenkins" etc. I thought that was SO rude and needless.i`m not a natural complainer but i realy wanted to go over and tell her she sounded like a gestapo officer.

You should have done it then, they might try and impregnate you but they cant get you pregnant.

I so wish I could say that as I thought it..............

:8::8::8:

P

paul flight

you should sign on as soon as possible . if you dont you can lose out big time . after so many weeks you can get help . with all sorts . . my wife was made reduntant and got a nice pay off . did not sign on!! . money soon went .she lost out big time and was told the she should have signed on straight away. all that tax she had paid. it run into thousands of pounds of tax and n i. :mad2:. dont be shy you have paid your tax and ni get some back if you dont the other who never work will have it all .:thumbsup:

Reply to Has anyone ever signed on? and what was your experience in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

T
Not a question, but a suprising observation of an illusion! My next task has been to come up...
Replies
Views
bcd-87
B
The growing popularity of “Thin Porcelain Tile” Now that industry professionals have coined a...
Replies
Views
Rizzle from the Portizzle
R
M
Hi all Interested in views from the trade world about how I should deal with a big floor tiling...
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Replies
Views
L
Hi. I need to put the quote together by tuesday evening.I was 99% confident what I was going to...
Replies
Views
lukeb
L
Bit of a long read......but it made me chuckle a lot. Pocket Taser Stun Gun, a great gift...
Replies
Views
Dougs Third Go
D

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Has anyone ever signed on? and what was your experience
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.