Discuss hate grout in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

Time's Ran Out

Grouting is the make or break stage of the job!
How many threads have been started about the poor quality tiling when some good grouting would have brought it all together.
I don't believe you actually HATE grouting but have a feeling that you've done the easy bit (fixing) and now have to do the harder bit in the finishing.
I get NO pleasure in grouting other peoples fixing but as others have typed, grouting my own work is PAY TIME.
The look on the customers face when its done - 'isn't it different now it's grouted' say's it all!

D

DHTiling

How many threads have been started about the poor quality tiling when some good grouting would have brought it all together.
I don't believe you actually HATE grouting but have a feeling that you've done the easy bit (fixing) and now have to do the harder bit in the finishing.
I get NO pleasure in grouting other peoples fixing but as others have typed, grouting my own work is PAY TIME.
The look on the customers face when its done - 'isn't it different now it's grouted' say's it all!

So so many use that phrase.. and the smile on their faces.. :)

P

penno

I don't get that mate, just a "can you make a start on the next house asap" from the gaffer

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
You want to keep at it mate. The gaffa will get it in the neck of you do a poor job and eventually after a bunch of them he could find somebody else. I never minded grouting at all (well, most of the time). With the right tools (and gloves in my case too if it was a big job) I used to actually enjoy it, especially due to the fact it's near the time you're getting paid and if you sniff hard enough, you can already smell the pub. haha

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to hate grout in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, after tiling the kitchen area I did grouting but I am not happy with the results. The...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
    • Friendly
I'm going to be installing Marmox multi boards, on two (internal walls) I'll use 4mm, just so I...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
hate grout
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.