UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Hate's in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

L

Leatherface

Usually add around £50 - think at least an extra couple of hours labour on top.
How many metres could you stick on in the time it takes to do a window reveal ???

Once did a bathroom - had 3 windows = there is no way I could charge a standard meterage rate, I would have lost out big time.Was a very large bathroom - old house, 2 windows on one wall. tiny window on next wall.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Trying to get floor joints lined up with wall joints all the way around the room. Now this isn't possible unless the whole room is square, but you tend to be able to modify a few tiles to get it near to perfect, it's just the working out which areas to select to have to 4mm smaller tiles or the 1mm wider grout goints or whatever. Hate them jobs. Have only done it for close family. Look spot-on when you manage it though.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
I hate watchers! You feel not trusted.

I also had a customer who never wanted us walking through her house and she lived in a row of terrace's. She made us back the van down the alley and go through the back door with the tools and tiles. Had to walk for ages with tools when we couldn't be bothered spend the 50 miutes getting the van near the back gate.

***** needs shooting!

Mrs Whatever from High Lane!

Reply to Hate's in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
After annoying the guys in my local CTD for about an hour looking at samples and agonising on...
Replies
Views
Hi all , it’s been years since last posted for advice and your methods . My question is this ...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.