UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Hate's in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

clmcg123

:wub: been on a job 4 3/4 dys and not been offered even a measly drink and the worst customers have been people ive known."if you want a cuppa just go downstairs and help yourself"..yes mate,cant wait to stop in the middle of a job,shoes off,wash hands,downstairs,make a cuppa and watch you 2 lazy gets watching telly.no thanks! rather dehydrate.also hate it when iv already qouted a job,then ive found out that some tiles are 297mm and some are 300mm-nightmare!!told customer and he sed just do wot you can.i should of sed ye,im charging you extra but i didnt.what does anyone else do when you realise youv undercharged youself?:wub:

G

guy1976

went to price a job on a new build a one million pound house and he wanted the down stairs shower room retiled coz he didnt like original tiles. when i got there he said can you go round the back and climb in through the window to measure up because i dont like strangers walking through the house so i says you go open the window and i will come round back once he shut the front door i got in my van and drove off , what a prick

L

Leanne

went to price a job on a new build a one million pound house and he wanted the down stairs shower room retiled coz he didnt like original tiles. when i got there he said can you go round the back and climb in through the window to measure up because i dont like strangers walking through the house so i says you go open the window and i will come round back once he shut the front door i got in my van and drove off , what a prick

haha bless ya where abouts was that?

L

Leatherface

Talking about customers who are not so "hospitable" -
Did a job end of Nov last year - barn in the middle of nowhere, 15 mins drive from nearest shops. Was a kitchen floor, job had run over because of Kitchen companyand customer - ( moving island unit in middle of job ). Got to Friday and customer had visitors coming next day. I arrived at 07:30 am - said I would stay to finish & grout. Still there at 8:30pm - told customer I was going out for sandwich. When I got back, 15 mins later they had chinese takeaway delivered :icon8: F***IN SELFISH C***

Anyway, I stayed till 10pm to finish, but never again. They could at least offered, I would have paid for my own. :icon8:

G

guy1976

did a job today bathroom floor today in a house had to take old tiles and ply off floor and had to reply and fit tiles ect . couple of lads lived there thought nowt of it and kept putting old tiles in wheelie bin outside every time my bucket was full and after the very last load was walking back across garden watching roofers on next doors roof not looking where i was going and walked into washing line and a pair of boxers came off and covered my face roofers were pi$$ing themselves any way go back into house and pop my head into living room to say i was going to get more ply for floor.they were sitting there arms round each other watching jeremy kyle with a cat each on their laps (wondered why roofers were laughing so much could still hear them laughing 3 hours later)

M

M D HUGHES

did a job today bathroom floor today in a house had to take old tiles and ply off floor and had to reply and fit tiles ect . couple of lads lived there thought nowt of it and kept putting old tiles in wheelie bin outside every time my bucket was full and after the very last load was walking back across garden watching roofers on next doors roof not looking where i was going and walked into washing line and a pair of boxers came off and covered my face roofers were pi$$ing themselves any way go back into house and pop my head into living room to say i was going to get more ply for floor.they were sitting there arms round each other watching jeremy kyle with a cat each on their laps (wondered why roofers were laughing so much could still hear them laughing 3 hours later)
Eeeeeeeee this is serious lads, people still able to get the cash together to pay for a tiler and spend days watching Jeremy Kyle. Whats going on in the world, its not as if were cheap, support dole must be good these days!

M

M D HUGHES

Probably not as nasty as some of the other posts on here but I did an old guys shower n sink last week, poor guy just lost his wife a few months ago. Obviously old school and never done a days spring cleaning before. His bathroom was minging. Anyway, the bog was filthy especially aroung the bots so afetr finishing up I decided to give the place a good going over. Not sure how someone misses the toilet with thier arse but there you go. Was pretty nasty but made me feel better, left the place gleaming in a state his missus would have been proud of. Hope this isn't a soft side I'm gunna lose money on in future but you gotta be soft and helpful to the people you can see are genuinely in a bit of a state. Karma, lads n lasses, it'll reward you in the long run.

Reply to Hate's in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
After annoying the guys in my local CTD for about an hour looking at samples and agonising on...
Replies
Views
Hi all , it’s been years since last posted for advice and your methods . My question is this ...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.