UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Hate's in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

CON5933

Probably not as nasty as some of the other posts on here but I did an old guys shower n sink last week, poor guy just lost his wife a few months ago. Obviously old school and never done a days spring cleaning before. His bathroom was minging. Anyway, the bog was filthy especially aroung the bots so afetr finishing up I decided to give the place a good going over. Not sure how someone misses the toilet with thier arse but there you go. Was pretty nasty but made me feel better, left the place gleaming in a state his missus would have been proud of. Hope this isn't a soft side I'm gunna lose money on in future but you gotta be soft and helpful to the people you can see are genuinely in a bit of a state. Karma, lads n lasses, it'll reward you in the long run.

My missus told me years ago, "you'll never make any money doing bathrooms etc... you'll go to some little old dears house, feel sorry for her, do the job for peanuts and be back there the next day fixing her fence for nothing...."

I told her I would let my conscience guide me...... and who knows, theres always the old dears 'will':wink_smile:

L

Leanne

Probably not as nasty as some of the other posts on here but I did an old guys shower n sink last week, poor guy just lost his wife a few months ago. Obviously old school and never done a days spring cleaning before. His bathroom was minging. Anyway, the bog was filthy especially aroung the bots so afetr finishing up I decided to give the place a good going over. Not sure how someone misses the toilet with thier arse but there you go. Was pretty nasty but made me feel better, left the place gleaming in a state his missus would have been proud of. Hope this isn't a soft side I'm gunna lose money on in future but you gotta be soft and helpful to the people you can see are genuinely in a bit of a state. Karma, lads n lasses, it'll reward you in the long run.

arrrr bless ya thats dead sweet!!!

C

Concept PHT

Mr Smiths 40 year old dog that barks at 10 decibells because somebody has entered the building.

The the damn thing treading all over your tools rubbish bucket, then barking at you with the deepest, loudest 'woof' you have ever heard in your life.

Then Mrs Smith laughing cuz the family dog is barking at you whilst you are balanced on some steps trying to polish off the ceiling you have just spent 30 minutes skimming getting it to perfection - instead of trying to get rid of it into the garden.

Hate it. :(

E

epoxy pete

heres a good one for you regarding dogs,a mate of mine was tiling a council house kitchen in blackburn,walked in the house,dog started yapping,little terrier or something,now gordons a happy chap,so said hello to it gave it a stroke etc,it stilll carried on yapping......jokingly he said"anymore from you and ill throw you in the canal at the bottom of the garden".....anyway next thing he knows the site agent stops him at lunchtime to say that the lady whose house he has just tiled had put a complaint in about what he was going to do to her dog!!!!........i couldnt stop laughing:)

C

Concept PHT

hey yar, here's another one.....

Just completed a job for Mr Smith (Who incidentaly owns the vocally blessed dog I was just on about)....

He's ex RAF and still thinks he's in. Everything laid out, spotless and uniformed.

SoI tip up to do his bathroom refurb. Complete rip out. Ceilings, walls the lot.

His eyes fall out at the mess I have created, all neatly stacked in a pile in his garage to be taken away by him. HE THEN STARTS CLEANING UP WHILST I AM TRYING TO GET MY DATUM LINE ON THE WALLS, kicking my laser level by accident etc....

To cap it off, he starts moaning that I have been cleaning my buckets / trowels and washboy out on the grass over the recent days, and that the grass will die. He was obvioulsy oblivious to the scorch stains on the grass where his 40 year old dog had been slashing acid plss all over it.

To add to the final patronisation, he said it was a military thing and that I wouldn't understand. Didn't have the heart to tell him that I left the Army a higher rank than him.... bless :)

Hate it.

V

Varley

My turn for a moan. Had a right ***** of a day today, first time i have ever walked off a job (with damn good reason though). Went to do a job at 9:00 this morning, a 4m2 kitchen splash back, should have been a piece of cake. put spirit level on benches and couldn't believe how far out they ran, God knows who fittend that, so that mean't i was going to have a right f*** on to start with. Primed the walls and started setting out, bent over to pick up my spirit level and my jeans ripped right down the crack of my arse :eek:mg_smile: . The time was 9:15 and already my blood pressure was building.

The house is tiny so i set up all my tools and cutters in the back patio/garden. All was going well until 12:00. At this point 10 toddlers show up for a damn kids party, they were in my tool bag, running around right next to my wet cutter, knives, off cuts of ceramic tile were all over the floor. That was it for me, Packed me bags and told the customer it was far too dangerous for me to continue and that i would come back tomorrow, which i will, but i also told her that i was annoyed that she booked me the same day as having her kids 4 year birthday party as it has basically put me back 1 day. AAARRRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!:angry_smile: Not a happy bunny!

Reply to Hate's in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
After annoying the guys in my local CTD for about an hour looking at samples and agonising on...
Replies
Views
Hi all , it’s been years since last posted for advice and your methods . My question is this ...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.