UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Hate's in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

W

wivers

Customer wasn't in today when i got to the job. Phoned them and they told me they was sorry, but they had to leave for work early, that they had left me a key and that i should let myself in and make a start. This was fine but they had boxes of plain tiles which i was expecting, and boxes of patterned tiles that i wasn't. I phoned the customer and they explained they saw the patterned tiles and liked them. They then went on to explain over the phone exactly where abouts they wanted the patterned tiles to be placed. Thinking i had it all worked out i made a start. Just had a phone call saying the tiles are not where they wanted them and could i take them down tomorrow and put them in again where they show me. :( Someone slap me please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

C

Concept PHT

Customer wasn't in today when i got to the job. Phoned them and they told me they was sorry, but they had to leave for work early, that they had left me a key and that i should let myself in and make a start. This was fine but they had boxes of plain tiles which i was expecting, and boxes of patterned tiles that i wasn't. I phoned the customer and they explained they saw the patterned tiles and liked them. They then went on to explain over the phone exactly where abouts they wanted the patterned tiles to be placed. Thinking i had it all worked out i made a start. Just had a phone call saying the tiles are not where they wanted them and could i take them down tomorrow and put them in again where they show me. :( Someone slap me please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I hope you explained there is an additional cost to all this extra tiling? :)

C

CON5933

Got a guy doing a job for me.

I quoted it back a few months ago. Straight ceramic onto a bathroom wall. A gift.

Phoned the lad tonight to see how he is getting on, and he said 'those porcelain tiles are buggers and them mosaic borders are taking ages to put on.....'

Good job a worded the quote to the letter, for when I double the cost tomorrow.

Hate it.

Doncha just love it when a plan comes together:)

T

tjsmiler

I did a shower cubicle for a couple of gays a short while ago..... tiny tiny cubicle, when i finnished the job i noticed that some of my grout and stuff had fallen down the plug hole.

Without giving it to much thought i just put my fingers down the plughole to clear it out. While my fingers were down there i started to think of them both having a shower in here and what they may have got upto which of course led my thought chain to what muck must of gone down this hole that i got my fingers. My next thought had me wretching as i thought of all the MAN JAM that had probably passed through it and the traces that may still be there and how much of that was now on my fingers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I spent about the next hour scrubbing my hands over and over again and about the next week not wanting to hold my sandwiches in my right hand.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
I did a shower cubicle for a couple of gays a short while ago..... tiny tiny cubicle, when i finnished the job i noticed that some of my grout and stuff had fallen down the plug hole.

Without giving it to much thought i just put my fingers down the plughole to clear it out. While my fingers were down there i started to think of them both having a shower in here and what they may have got upto which of course led my thought chain to what muck must of gone down this hole that i got my fingers. My next thought had me wretching as i thought of all the MAN JAM that had probably passed through it and the traces that may still be there and how much of that was now on my fingers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I spent about the next hour scrubbing my hands over and over again and about the next week not wanting to hold my sandwiches in my right hand.

What a story :laugh:

G

GazTech

Never keen on dogs myself,been bit by a few.But I sh*t you not,a good number of years ago,I was working with a joiner,plying out to tile a kitchen floor.The customers yappy around your ankles pain in the arse jack russell was left in the next room to calm down when they went to work,yap yap yap yap yap ,we just turned the radio up and carried on.We forgot about this dog until the joiner opened the door to measure for the board in the doorway (clawhammer in hand) the animal made a lunge for him and instinctively he swiped at it,catching it clean as a whistle on the top of its head.He placed its dead body in a bin liner,emptied everything out of the next doors wheelie bin,and dumped it at the bottom and covered up.When the customer came home ,he claimed that it had ran past him,out through the back door and away.Not only had he murdered their ' PATCH' but he rubbed it in by saying he'd been out trying to catch it for an hour and was behind on the job!!! dogs hate em! ( but felt sorry for this one)

S

surflaur

Never keen on dogs myself,been bit by a few.But I sh*t you not,a good number of years ago,I was working with a joiner,plying out to tile a kitchen floor.The customers yappy around your ankles pain in the arse jack russell was left in the next room to calm down when they went to work,yap yap yap yap yap ,we just turned the radio up and carried on.We forgot about this dog until the joiner opened the door to measure for the board in the doorway (clawhammer in hand) the animal made a lunge for him and instinctively he swiped at it,catching it clean as a whistle on the top of its head.He placed its dead body in a bin liner,emptied everything out of the next doors wheelie bin,and dumped it at the bottom and covered up.When the customer came home ,he claimed that it had ran past him,out through the back door and away.Not only had he murdered their ' PATCH' but he rubbed it in by saying he'd been out trying to catch it for an hour and was behind on the job!!! dogs hate em! ( but felt sorry for this one)

Superb story, still clearing the water from my eyes from laughing!

C

CON5933

Con......... I thought us Green Jackets were supposed to re-org in hell......... not on a tiling forum lol.

2RGJ as well mate left in 97, can't believe it was that long ago. It's a shame my grout lines ain't as straight as the crease in the front of my lightweights was :wink_smile:

Toby

Not wrong there mate LOL...
I'm in hell now....the mrs won't let me go to Athens for the final:sad_smile:
A day trip to Istanbul for the last one cost me a grand:wub: (worth every penny tho)

I've PM'd you mate:)

K

kapitan

heheh good stories lads !! ive got a few crackers maself will reveal all when i can be arsed!!!
icon10.gif

Reply to Hate's in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
After annoying the guys in my local CTD for about an hour looking at samples and agonising on...
Replies
Views
Hi all , it’s been years since last posted for advice and your methods . My question is this ...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.