Discuss Hello Tiling Fraternity in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

JedMc

Hello all,

Quick intro, Im 39, Ex Forces, and currently an engineer, I enjoy DIY, and spend most of my money on tools ( expensive ones LOL ) and like to get as much info about jobs, before I take them on, I found this site after searching for Laser levels ( which I bought today )

I'm just starting a bathroom re-fit at home, and will be asking for some pointers if you don't mind :smilewinkgrin: Tiling, and plumbing are what I normally shy away from.

I finished tanking the walls this evening, and hopefully start tiling tomorrow afternoon, after some prep work.

Q1, What size trowel for 330x330x8 ceramic............I was thinking 10mm round? it's plasterboard, and pretty much flat.

Q2 I bought Kerraflex Adhesive, is this ok for the floor ( over ply ) and do I need any extra additive for flexibility?

That's it for now, but I'll definately be back :hurray:

Jed

Last edited by a moderator:
J

JedMc

Hello again!

Bringing this thread to life again, I'm about to start the floor this weekend, whilst doing the walls, I noticed some movement in the floor, it makes more creaks than obvious deflection, but I'm a little concerned about taking up the flex?

Above, Dave's suggested Keraquick, but thinks no additive would be needed, for peace of mind should I add the latex to it, or use something completely different?

Also, it's not completely flat, between 4 & 6mm in some places, will I able to take this up with the adhesive, or am I into more expense?

Cheers

Jed
Also it's not completely flat

Reply to Hello Tiling Fraternity in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, after watching so many instructional videos and planing, I just can't understand how to...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Grouting my shower walls in a few days. I tried to do everything by the book, which I did. Water...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Hello guys. I came upon and registered with this forum while doing some research on decoupling...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Hello Tiling Fraternity
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.