Discuss Help - Buying a second hand car? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Stewart

I've had to do that before. and this is why I hate buying second hand cars :(

but what leg will I have to stand on? could the garage argue that I should have checked the car more thoroughly before buying it?

If the brakes were down to the metal, then that's unsafe, so I think you could pull them up for this. Did they say the car had been serviced, if so, then it should have been picked up.

D

Deleted member 9966

If theres metal on metal now,on the MOT they should have put worn brakes on an advisery notice.

thanks Del. I'm gonna ring the garage on Monday and ask for a copy of the checklist they used and what the brake efficiency result was. apparently, after doing some internet research, for it to be a pass, it has to achieve at least 25% brake efficiency.

Del W

TF
Arms
Canterbury
Do you have an advisory notice (its yellow VT32) with your mot cert.If you dont,they are saying that nothing is very worn/deteriorated/close to legal limit.not just for brakes but for the whole car. worn tyre/wipers/handbrake cable..etc.

D

Deleted member 9966

Do you have an advisory notice (its yellow VT32) with your mot cert.If you dont,they are saying that nothing is very worn/deteriorated/close to legal limit.not just for brakes but for the whole car. worn tyre/wipers/handbrake cable..etc.

I didn't get any else from the car dealer other than the MOT cert itself Del. So I have no idea if the car has any advisories on it. I'll ring the dealer tomorrow and ask the question. I'll casually drop into the conversation that the brakes have been visually inspected and are worn out. I'll let the dealer sweat a bit.

Reply to Help - Buying a second hand car? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
This is my first time posting, I searched for a similar thread and didn't find much- apologies...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, Please help me. Really having a nightmare here. Just moved into a new house and the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I’m not a tiler - which is why I have one in working away on my new kitchen floor! However...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Help - Buying a second hand car?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.