UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Help fire in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

Perry

Neale post on terracotta reminded me of the tales of spontaneous combustion with boiled linsed oil products have many nearly catastrophic situations I have been in with my guys and customers over the years.The best one was working for a so called tiler who had a shop in Marlow sealed his terracotta in his house for him started to tell him about spontaneous combustion just in case he didn't know he wouldn't let me finish as he knew everything. So went home next day went back to grout it for him looking a bit tied he was, so what's wrong with you I said, well been up all night with the fire engines here had some horrible smoke filled the house took us ages to find it, it was the roller soaked in oil It was combusting. The know all still gets ribbed about it now he still has the shop but I no longer work for him.
:oops: :mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2:

S

Spud

Neale post on terracotta reminded me of the tales of spontaneous combustion with boiled linsed oil products have many nearly catastrophic situations I have been in with my guys and customers over the years.The best one was working for a so called tiler who had a shop in Marlow sealed his terracotta in his house for him started to tell him about spontaneous combustion just in case he didn't know he wouldn't let me finish as he knew everything. So went home next day went back to grout it for him looking a bit tied he was, so what's wrong with you I said, well been up all night with the fire engines here had some horrible smoke filled the house took us ages to find it, it was the roller soaked in oil It was combusting. The know all still gets ribbed about it now he still has the shop but I no longer work for him.
:oops: :mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2:
this reminds me of a story I was told about a tiler from Essex, his nick name was "WOOSH" he was actually a good tiler and I thought it wes just the other fixers trying to wind him up as they were a bunch of female dogs ,one day I asked why every one called him woosh to be told he had been doing some quarry tiles for his mate who owned a pub he was just doing his final cuts on a grinder when a spark flew up into the thatched roof of the building and it burnt down with in 25 minutes ,apparently a local journalist was on the scene even before the fire engine arrived and when he asked the tiler what had happened he apparently said i was just cutting a tile and the roof went "WOOSH" the next issue of the local newspaper had the banner head line "woosh" across the front page and the nick name stuck with this poor fellow for the rest of his tiling career

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Help fire in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Replies
Views
A
Hi guys Just a quick update on phil for you all. He's out of hospital now and in a new...
Replies
Views
Qwerty
Q
A
Hi, Phil wanted me to put up a post today, just to let everybody know he's hanging in there ;0)...
Replies
Views
MTiler
M
R
hi there I'm not a tiler but my partner is (24 years in the trade). My partner has recently...
Replies
Views
S
Hi all, I haven't been on here in ages ..apologies for that.....time goes so fast. But I hope...
Replies
Views
p4ulo
P

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.