Discuss Glass Mosaic Brick Tile splashback total mess ... please help in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

Time's Ran Out

:iagree:

With respect TJ, this guy can't manage addy he supposedly knows! A stiffly mixed rapid? Dunno if that's something he should attempt! :sofahide:

Glass mosaic, Standard set set addy NO Spacers!

My original post to Mrs Ferguson did explain that her problem may be caused by a tiler with limited knowledge and the above advice is a way for her to mix available adhesive to hold the mosaic.

D

Diamond Pool Finishers

OK i have found some great mosaic tilers from Melbourne now , so if you PM me your details then i will put you in contact with them mrsferg70
user-offline.png
if you ever come back ......

M

mrsferg70

OK i have found some great mosaic tilers from Melbourne now
Thanks David. I don't know what happened to my last post - it disappeared! Alas I am a 4 hour drive from Melbourne in a town of 20,000pop so I think I might be limited to local tilers only.

I have spoken to the local Italian tiler (as we all know how much Italians love their mosaics) and he is so busy he referred me to his former apprentice whom, I since found out, is subbing for one of the other tilers and is in the middle of 4 months of solid tiling work. There is one other experienced tiler whom I've spoken to and he will hopefully come and quote on the job next week. The tiler whom the builder used has 5 years experience in tiling and quit tiling full-time 8 months ago. So desperate times here. The Italian told me the guy who did my tiling is still considered a "good tiler" and he probably used too much adhesive and rushed what must have been difficult tiles. Still doesn't explain the excessive use of spacers to me. Except maybe he was trying to jack up the tiles because too much adhesive was causing them to slip.

Anyway, so my choice of tiler is limited here. None of you want to migrate do you? Plenty of work it seems.

Have researched adhesive. BAL is a subsidiary of Ardex. Have spoken to the Ardex technical rep in Australia and he recommended some products. Ardex also own Dunlop which is a very well know adhesive company and readily available in Australian hardwares. One is clearly stamped suitable for Mosaics. Not sure whether it matches BAL in quality. Posted question about adhesive on Aussie forum, so far no response, unlike yourselves who responded within the first couple of hours!

Thank you all for the very sound, professional advice and suggestions on what went wrong. Think I have one of life's difficult conversations ahead next week. Will keep you posted.

Reply to Glass Mosaic Brick Tile splashback total mess ... please help in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello looking for a bit of advice. I’m planning on doing a splash back above my sink. So far I...
Replies
Views
D
    • Informative
I think I posted this in the wrong forum so here goes again... We have had a single story...
Replies
Views
T
I had a old customer ring last week asking if you could tile onto these coloured glass...
Replies
Views
B
Evening all, My first post here so please be gentle with me!;) I'm redoing the kitchen and...
Replies
Views
B
R
in a show room you have to keep on changing your displays so today out with the old and in with...
Replies
Views
Rizzle from the Portizzle
R

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Glass Mosaic Brick Tile splashback total mess ... please help
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Australia Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond