Discuss Help - Floor tiles coming off !! in the Best Floor Tiles area at TilersForums.com.

S

sWe

He has dot and dabbed fixed. How thick is the bed?
I'm thinking instead of the bed being to thin, maybe its too thick! Most bagged adhesive has a maximum thickness of 6mm, 10mm here and there.
What adhesive did he use. If it's BAL, they'll send out a product suport technician. If you're in the SE of England thats me. Or up North, Mr Gaz Tech.

There, corrected it for you :thumbsup:

Edit: Along the lines of too thick adhesive beds... One of the funniest things I ever saw was a lithuanian who tried to tile a wall with 15x15cm tiles, using a flat edged trowel, slopping on about... 30mm adhesive...

Last edited by a moderator:
G

GazTech

We had everyone here today - shop owner, tiler, adhesive (palace) rep and tile rep. No one wants to take responsibility, we are in the midlans and I think a gug from BAL is coming this week to give an independent opinion.
The Palace rep would be there today because it was his product, the shop owner because you are his customer, the tiler because he fixed them. Why was the tile rep there ? Why would a BAL representative go to look, when it isn't anything to do with BAL ? As far as I'm aware, we don't get involved unless it is a complaint regarding our product. I find it very strange, with all these representatives there today, they could not reach any conclusion...or did they just turn up for a brew ?..:huh2:

mz30

TF
Arms
liverpool
The Palace rep would be there today because it was his product, the shop owner because you are his customer, the tiler because he fixed them. Why was the tile rep there ? Why would a BAL representative go to look, when it isn't anything to do with BAL ? As far as I'm aware, we don't get involved unless it is a complaint regarding our product. I find it very strange, with all these representatives there today, they could not reach any conclusion...or did they just turn up for a brew ?..:huh2:

I can understand the palace rep coming out(not sure what guarantee they offer),but after the floor being down for two years if i owned a shop or had tiled it ,i would not be coming round to see why the floor was coming up,no offence but who knows if the customer has had a flood in the past two years or something else has happened,if i was the customer i would'nt be telling anyone about a flood or damp coming through the floor ,i would try and get it put right for free,or is that just me?

B

Branty

I can understand the palace rep coming out(not sure what guarantee they offer),but after the floor being down for two years if i owned a shop or had tiled it ,i would not be coming round to see why the floor was coming up,no offence but who knows if the customer has had a flood in the past two years or something else has happened,if i was the customer i would'nt be telling anyone about a flood or damp coming through the floor ,i would try and get it put right for free,or is that just me?
I can't imagine it would be the easy to hide that kind of flood damage. If the tilers has fixed them incorrectly, then he's fixed them incorrectly.

S

Spud

some very good posts here on this subject it could be several things it could be that the tiler tiled the floor before the windows were in and the draught blowing across the floor and skinned the adhesive over or the tiles were wet when fitted and the moisture created a seperating layer truth is no one knows lets hope you get to the bottom of it and someone takes responibilty for it. if the tiles have come up clean and are relatively undamaged if might be an easy job to laytex over whats there and relay them good luck hope you get some satisfaction

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Help - Floor tiles coming off !! in the Best Floor Tiles area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. Im a carpenter who has tiled a fair few floors over the years as i fit a lot of...
Replies
Views
This is my first time posting, I searched for a similar thread and didn't find much- apologies...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB