Discuss Help please in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
England
if the tiler only has public liablity insurance it wont cover him for bad workmanship only accidents.

any insurance will try and weed there way out of anything for anything andy:smilewinkgrin:

just to add,im just building my website,oh and its the same as yours,well kindoff,must change my backgroung colour ;)

Last edited:
O

Olz

I'd be suprised if the store covered in on their insurance, maybe if they had sent him round with no input from yourself, but regrettably I'd imaging that if you contacted him directly, arranged for him to come and quote and instructed him to do the work I cant see why its any different to the store giving out business cards of tilers, I think your contract is soley with him to be honest.

A

akinsontiles

Lisa has a contract with with the store for supply of goods and services for the tiles and adhesives. The store has a duty of care to give her accurate information relating to her requirements based on the information she gives them when detailing her needs.

She too has a contract with the fixer for fitting her tiles accuratley and to professional standards assuming that he is trained and insured appropriately.

She also has an inferred contract with the manufacturer of the adhesives that they will perform appropriately so long as instructions are followed correctly.

The point of contest here is not one of "who to blame" but one of where the Judge will be willing to award her the damages she needs to resolve the situation. I don't believe that sueing the arse out of the numpty that put pva down on a gyvlon screed hoping to get away with it and then could get two lads to work in one room and work to a line correctly is going to help her one little bit.

I suspect that threatening the reputation and good name of the larger company (supplier and manufacturer of adhesives) would pay the most dividends in the long run. Its a cruel world but its all just a game really.

Reply to Help please in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi, hoping someone can help with advice. We purchased 600 x 600 tiles for our bathroom floor...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Help please
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.