Discuss Help pls! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

A

AJL Plumbing

Hi All
As my title says, im a plumber, not a tiler, if the plumbers forum is anything to go by you guys and girls should be the people to ask the following.
I am just about to tile my own bathroom, i dont do any tiling work for customers as i solely do plumbing, but want to tile my own bathroom as so far i have refurbed the whole house, i have tiled before, but not this much!

The room is quite small, its 3m long, 1.5 wide and standard height,
There is a bath, and sepaerate shower enclosure,
The walls are plasterd plaster board that has been painted ( i know this will need keying up a with a da?)
There are two walls that are 12mm ply lined, above the bath and one side of the shower, i know ply isnt ideal, but from a plumbing point of view it is the easist materail to fix fittings to (like shower screens)
We havnt decided the tiles yet, as the mrs and i cant agree! but would like to go with a large tile
These are my questions!
Wall tiling
1) what type of paintable tanking would you use to tank the shower, one side ply, one side plaster
2) what sealer would need to go on the walls plaster and ply prior to laying the tiles
3)what would be the best adhesive to use on the wood and plaster
4)what grout for the above

floor tiling
1) its a chipboard floor, i have joisted and strengthened and was going to lay 6mm ply down over the top screwed at 300mm centres
2) what sealer would need to go this first, and again what adhesive and grout

Hope all the above makes sense, sorry if it seems silly questions or wrong methods, want to do it once, and do it right, even if it does have ply! and no i havnt pva'd it after looking on here!

Kind Regards

Andrew

Reply to Help pls! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
    • Friendly
I'm going to be installing Marmox multi boards, on two (internal walls) I'll use 4mm, just so I...
Replies
Views
Hi, first time posting. I’m in the middle of tiling my own bathroom, first time having a go at...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Help pls!
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.