UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Here's an idea for you, I said....... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

Daz

Thanks everyone.

The mosaics are 10mm thick Oli.
This is the kit that I used, plus a 100 grit diamond pad...

IMG_0411.jpg IMG_0465.jpg .

To be fair, I suggested it to the client and then profiled a mosaic "off cut" to prove the finish. The client was instantly impressed and prepared to pay for my time to do it. As for the timescale, it didn't actually take much longer to do in the grand scheme. I reckon the access panel, fully tiled bath panel and tiled boxing to hide the pipes behind the basin pedestal took longer :smilewinkgrin: :incazzato:.

Cheers,

Daz

D

Daz

Im an amateur compared to you guys doing stuff like that, love to learn it though is it a case of getting a kit and a few tiles to play with...

Paul,
Without wanting to sound condescending, I think a lot is to do with your current skill levels and confidence.
If you know a friendly tiler local to you who has the equipment and is prepared to assist you with your learning, then I would explore that route first. I, personally, had the confidence and experience to invest into the equipment and practice until I was able to offer the service to my clients.

Good luck,

Daz

Reply to Here's an idea for you, I said....... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

A
Hello All, I posted back in September and you were all very helpful with your advice on what to...
Replies
Views
Dumbo
D
C
Hi all Hoping for some opinions on how to handle an ongoing issue in having with my tiler He...
Replies
Views
D
Hi been a member for a few yrs but waited until now to come out and play :yikes: I served my...
Replies
Views
D
How do I drill a hole in a steel bath. Or cast iron bath. Instructions on drilling into baths...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 1779
D
M
Hi all Interested in views from the trade world about how I should deal with a big floor tiling...
2 3 4 5
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Here's an idea for you, I said.......
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.