Discuss Hints and tips in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Surrey
I haven't used a chinagraph pencil before,so are they accurate enough ie not too wide a mark

I didn't like them to start with, thought the mark was too big but, if you sharpen the end with a Stanley (like you would a pencil) they are brill, an essential for stone wet cutting.

I keep an ordinary pencil sharpener in my pocket, a couple of twists in that every now and then and it has a lovely point - don't push too hard (no need to) and the point last ages.

P

Peter

Here's one for cutting a sliver in a check, eg round kitchen sockets.

Run a second inner line up the wet saw and break the leg out with your fingers before snapping the rest. Means the thin leg won't break off when manually snapping.

IMG_0852.jpg

IMG_0852.jpg

A

Alan M

but then you end up with the phantom pencil, its been behind your ear for so long you think its still there (when it isn't) when your at home watching the telly..lol

that often happens to me. some time the other way round too. sometimes il go into town etc and not realise its there. you look a total pilock like that. iv got a pile of half washed pencils beside the shower . last place iv realised they are there

A

AMtek

That's what your ears for lol

My ears are too far from my head so the pencil just falls out. I'm making myself sound like shrek!

A baseball cap is brilliant, stop dust getting in your hair, helps keep plaster out of your eyes when plastering a ceiling and i shouldn't say this but if you need to chop something with a grinder you can pull the peak down, look down and it keeps your whole face and eyes protected and you can throw a hat at an apprentice or labourer (or your misses) to show your displeasure about something without hurting them!

J

Jeff the tiler

Get a pair of painters bib and braces if you are doing a lot of wall work with metro or smaller tiles. The pouch acts as a fantastic spacer holder. CHest pocket great for phone.No more boxes of spacers which for some unknown reason always topple over and spacers everywhere!!!.Keeps your clothes clean as well. The best circa £12 your spend, and yours snickers remain clean at £50 a time. Got mine off ebay and they even had padded knee holders. Okay material will not last long on rough floors but cutting in a bottom row fantastic.

J

Jeff the tiler

Last one. If working on a domestic and there is a bath with water. put your bucket under the tap. rinse off sponge using the clean water from the tap. all the discoloured water and residue goes into the bucket below and then empty the dirty water outside. you always are cleaning off with a clean sponge/cloth.

Microfibre cloths which i got as tip on here previously work wonders this way and clean off exceptionally well.

Reply to Hints and tips in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

TilersForums.com has been online since 2006 and we've had many designs, even three forum...
Replies
Views
O
So as our brand new look forum takes off, and we have members signing up thick and fast. (Not...
Replies
Views
Old Mod
O
I thought I'd create a thread so we can link each other to the last thing we bought on eBay, so...
2 3
Replies
Views
anne_mutens
A
Tiling Courses – Learn To Tile 2 Day Tiling Course An introduction to ceramic tiling and...
Replies
Views
The TilersForums Arms is the business advice area of the forum that is out of the view of the...
Replies
Views
Time's Ran Out
T

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB