Discuss Hints and tips in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

I

Ian

Gonna drag this one back up! Something I've been doing for a while now is using levelling clips to hold the tiles over the window, no need to screw battens and whatever else is handy to hold them up.
image.jpg

A

Aston

Dont over trowel when spreading your adhesive.
Get in on, spread it quickly, plough your lines, bed you tile, move on...

You see so many tilers spending wayyy too much time over troweling. Over doing it with the Pushing and dragging. They think they are working it into the substrate. You need to allow it to absorb and react, pressing and spreading won't do that. Let the chemical reaction do the work, not you.

Ps I don't mean when Ploughing your lines, I mean when they are trying to burn it into the substrate..

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Hints and tips in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

TilersForums.com has been online since 2006 and we've had many designs, even three forum...
Replies
Views
O
So as our brand new look forum takes off, and we have members signing up thick and fast. (Not...
Replies
Views
Old Mod
O
I thought I'd create a thread so we can link each other to the last thing we bought on eBay, so...
2 3
Replies
Views
anne_mutens
A
Tiling Courses – Learn To Tile 2 Day Tiling Course An introduction to ceramic tiling and...
Replies
Views
The TilersForums Arms is the business advice area of the forum that is out of the view of the...
Replies
Views
Time's Ran Out
T

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB