Discuss How do I fix this mess? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

M

Meurig

Guys, both points of view are valid!

If we knew exactly what we wanted we'd be ripping the whole bathroom out now and starting over. Problem is we've got other issues (like the kitchen and the freeholder) that mean the bathroom isn't the priority right now. Short of making it dry and safe.

The PVC panels are exactly the type of fix I asked for originally - cheap, easy and waterproof and that's probably what I should do. Just wondering what the alternatives are as I really didn't like the look of the UPVC.

For what it's worth - the plasterboard wall is in good condition and even the rendered wall is in okay condition (barring a few spots). When I get time this weekend I'll try taking off the adhesive and take some pictures to see if you guys think it's actually okay to tile onto.

The main reason I'm now thinking tile is that I've never tried it before and it seems a great time to learn.

Thanks again guys, I mean it. It's great to have found such a passionate group of people willing to share their opinions on a subject!

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to How do I fix this mess? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, after tiling the kitchen area I did grouting but I am not happy with the results. The...
Replies
Views
Hi, Looking for advice mainly on how much adhesive I should remove from between the tiles in a...
Replies
Views
These are kitkats on a mesh backing. Not entirely sure how the tiler has managed to do this...
Replies
Views
Hi. Hoping you al. Can help me. I have an issue where I had a bathroom built and a shower...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB