Guest viewing is limited

Discuss how long does it take to get use to a sigma..been having slight issues with mine! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

jay

hmmm fair point!...i do know its me,which :incazzato: me off a wee bit...patients i guess!..yeah i do score all the way back,and yep its a pull version...i score that far back that the wheel often scores the measuring bar a lil bit...i think the prob is leveling the adjustablr bar....im not to sure how much space there should be between the handle opening and the top of the single bar

sit tile on bed of sigma rest handle on tile the gap between bar and handle should be 2 to 3 mm only set bar at top and bottom of tile hope this helps:8:

F

fipple

Went out to my shed last nite!9pm ish!...got the sigma out of its case,and did something that i dont usually do,i placed it on the top of the closed case!...Got a slither of porcelain i'd cut the other day;maybe 15mm wide..and stood over"the cutter 90degrees!! ,this felt completely different and turns out ;better for me!...(i had full view,and i applied more accurate pressure and snap in the postion)...Each and everytime i scored slithers,no flare outs...and i sware! for the first time...i produced a 10mm cut!!!...i was :hurray: practically doin this in my back garden:lol:!!...So the moral it seems is this" We all know formula 1 cars ,and what they can do!,,,but in a novices hands it wont do much!...im not that bothered about impressing sigma vs rubi debates,cause ive seen the threads,and where it seems rubi have a place in the market as brand leader,as ive stated b4...i took the leap and got the sigma! mostly due to this helpful site..And even though i conquered mr sig last nite and he produced the goods..i will be breaking him in more and more and i know ive made a great choice in cutter!...infact im goin to buy the sigma 6 for splashbacks etc....!!.:thumbsup:

F

fipple

YEP!.its funny u say that ,because i did that a few weeks back..well i stumbled on it!..i cut a slither and put pressure on the tile after scoring(instead of tapping the handle)an di noticed the tile slowly splitting!...so i naturally place my hand on the other end and it met all the way down..cutting a beaitufil striaght slither...fanatastic cutter really!...as ive said...i just need time to get to know it...then it will b second nature...cheers for your help jay!!:thumbsup:

Reply to how long does it take to get use to a sigma..been having slight issues with mine! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, I have a Sigma 66cms 2B3 tile cutter (I normally do small jobs, standard size tiles) but...
Replies
Views
L
Hello! I am new here but I have been reading a lot about manual tile cutters on the forum. I am...
Replies
Views
L
Hi guys, its my first post on there though have been gaining useful tips for a while so thanks...
Replies
Views
Cutting the last few 50x50 10mm ceramic floor tiles yesterday(terrible homebase tiles). Should...
Replies
Views
Morning chaps! I have been lurking on here for a while now, gathering bits of information and...
Replies
Views
Old Mod
O

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
how long does it take to get use to a sigma..been having slight issues with mine!
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.