Discuss how much do you factor-in for in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

U

user123

wow G you are expensive £100 a day and that's before you do any work :yikes::yikes::yikes: got any job's please!!:lol:

Dave, you are going to give up a day: leave your house, drive most of the day to stay at a B&B - meaning you lost a day's work, so you are ready to work the next day - for less? No way!!! :yikes:

Last edited by a moderator:
U

user123

the last time i worked away somebody used my suitcase for a toilet

:smilewinkgrin: That is shocking..

I worked away once and somebody used my boots as the toilet..?

Groan... is this some sort of code for brotherly love??? :
censored.gif

I'm lucky in that if I work away, and I mostly do, I either get looked after well by a couple of guys ( you know who you are ) or I have friends dotted around that put me up, I also have a caravan just outside Chertsey off the M25, I keep it down here for a base, posting this from there / here as we speak.

Gooner59, is it an option for you to buy a caravan and use that, plenty of caravan parks will take contractors and it makes it miles cheaper, I pay £60 per week to stay here, £40 a week if it's empty and on site and £12 a week storage.

P

Pebbs

Listen Lads,....and Gisele!

I gotta tell you Gooner is quoting for some work for me at the moment so be careful what you say! or Big Dave will be knocking on your doors! It all comes down to the area your going to be working in....I always do a search on b and b and hotel rates in that area, and never ever go for the cheapest...its cheap for a reason. First of all the lads never eat breakfast because they are normally on site at 8am which means they are out of the gaff by 7am at the latest. Secondly I always make an allowance of £20.00 subsistence and 2 pints of beer per day. They want to drink theirselves silly, then they can do it out of their own pocket. For travelling to the job, I pay half a day rate or the petrol plus £20.00 for their snacks it works itself out in the long run.

And Gooner, Im watching you! so dont you be hiking that price up son!

Lynn

Reply to how much do you factor-in for in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, Looking for advice mainly on how much adhesive I should remove from between the tiles in a...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, sorry for the clunky thread title... Just over a year ago we had a side...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, i took some jobs as a contractor for some MC Donald's restaurants but i find it quite...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
how much do you factor-in for
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.