Guest viewing is limited

Discuss How much for 16,000 sheets of plasterboard? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

Rob Z

Rob, let me get some coffee and I'll look.

This was some major poo over here in the last year or so, especially in Florida. A German company got the drywall made in China (apparently with crap for the raw materials), and then it was bought here by tract builders in Florida (one of our worst markets for cut-rate, lousy quality construction). The high sulfur content out-gassed and corroded wiring, ductwork, etc., and generally caused enormous problems in thousands of houses.

R

Rob Z

Yikes, I just started reading about the lawsuits and the settlements that Knauf is involved in now. Who knows what the deal will be with all the corporate stuff--Knauf is the parent company in Germany, but the drywall was made by their Chinese corportion, which apparently doesn't have the money to deal with this.

I've heard that there are mountains of unsold drywall in Floriday, Louisiana and other southern states.

Here's a deal for someone! :mad2:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SI1MrmUJIOQ&feature=related]YouTube - China Drywall - 60,000 sheets[/ame]

Reply to How much for 16,000 sheets of plasterboard? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
The growing popularity of “Thin Porcelain Tile” Now that industry professionals have coined a...
Replies
Views
Rizzle from the Portizzle
R
M
Hi all Interested in views from the trade world about how I should deal with a big floor tiling...
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Replies
Views
D
Hi Guys, I have been looking around the forum (lots of useful info by the way) for a...
Replies
Views
Doomageta
D
M
Hi Guy's, been a member a short while since planning a new shower room install. Trying to take...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
How much for 16,000 sheets of plasterboard?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.