UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss How much work is out there? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

peteablard

TF
Arms
Cheshire
Yup thats the one, havent heard much about it .
It was being advertised on the side of a tile shop in Crewe but the board has been taken down now, also the website seems to have been taken offline. With so many well established training companies that people are willing to travel to I imagine it's quite a difficult thing to set up from scratch now

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
i am starting a 2 week course in Stoke, in oct and then maybe ask a nice tiler to shadow for a week before start up.

so after 3 weeks you will be qualified enough to start up on your own..???? think you need a big reality check mate....how long did it take you to train to become an engineer..? 2/3 weeks..lol

G

grant3000

Andy did u not know tiling is easy, he is a engineer don't you know, they work to a trillionth of a MM , cutting a tile and throwing it on a wall aint making aeroplanes you know ;)
Engineers eh ,they have got to be the worst know it alls in the working world !
I have yet to meet one who does not know better.
He is right about the £1500 a week,hhhummffff i earn that week in week out (there is 3 of us
clear.png
) when did I say I know better???

G

grant3000

Bluddy hell mate u earn 45k a year workin weekends.... Thats crazy!
yea is good money for what I do but I have had to work really hard for it, when I first went into engineering people said I wouldn't of made it..... 5 year now I am on 5 time a much as them and at 28 years of age with only 10 years left on this mortgage I am laughing at them for doubting,

M

MTiler

what I was saying Deano, was 1500 was expensive for a course with no qualification when it cost me 1500 per year to do my HND but once again everyone was on my back from the start, as for college I will be doing that one day a week, as for the 2 week course this to give me more experience and more tool time, as money isn't really a big issue as the moment.

You wont do a massive amount in 2 weeks, do a four week one, you'll have alot more tool time as in the first week or two you'll have a fair few lectures if its anything like the one I did (I did 4 week).

Sharon

Reply to How much work is out there? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, Looking for advice mainly on how much adhesive I should remove from between the tiles in a...
Replies
Views
I just set new porcelain 8 x 8 tile in my rear entryway (3 ft x 3 ft area). I love the results...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Have you ever worked for a National Tile Supplier or even just smaller big chain tile suppliers...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi everybody, I've come up with a new way that I'd like the forum to work. I've built a quick...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.