Discuss I went and looked at and encaustic job on saturday! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

M

Mr T

well im just glad my name wasn't mensioned lol... I agree with what sir ramic said if you don't feel up to the task you don't do it end of but also if you feel confident to start a job and screw it up it must be rectified no matter what it doesn't matter how bad a job gets its worse if its left unfinnished and as a tradesman you will be slated when you come across one of these families you have ripped off.

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Whoever it is isn't a tradesman he's an opportunist!
But as for taking money before completion Bah!
Wait until you've lost thousands when 2/3 companies go bust or a customer waits 3 months to pay you then see if you don't get as much as you can before completion!
I'am still waiting for the 'customer from hell' programme to be made.

I'm going through court to get paid on a job I completed last June!
Its only ever happened to me three times including this one where I've not been paid. It always has a serious effect on your business.

I've always got my money in the end. But its a long and painful process.

A

Artisan998

tiles a £5 each John.......they are on a "wet" heated screed......it's lipping to hell and back (4-5mm per tile!).....and it's as flat as a camels back (10mm gaps in 1.5m") and thats being nice!...........his cutting around door frames is.....well....
how can I be nice.........? unprofessional.........will that do?.........

not to mention he has no clue how to install encuastics..........has no idea on the procedure....(from what the client has told me!) let alone the execution.........
and he is a forum MEMBER!...........

oooooooohhh!.....

Did he get paid?...............was he intoxicated at the point of setting out?

I

ian158

ive only ever had one customer try not to pay me for a patio I laid 15 years ago....I gave him 3 days to pay or his patio would be crazy paving..he paid....don't do courts..I do it my way...I learnt a lot from my first ever job fitting double glazing..bloke i worked for was a nutter..he took a whole house of windows out once..from the outside ..coz he never got paid :yikes:in them days stupidly the glazing beads where on the outside.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to I went and looked at and encaustic job on saturday! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I’m halfway through tiling a shower cubicle at home. First time doing any tiling. I’ve used...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I've had a bit of an issue on a job I've been doing recently. We finished tiling on...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hello all, Hoping that once again I can get some good advice on here, you were invaluable when...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm sorry its another bad job or not thread. We've been having our downstairs toilet...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB