UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss I'd appreciate your opinions please in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

Daz

I was asked to quote a floor today....

28sqm (Topps) polished porcelain 60 x60 onto a sand cement wet UFH screed. The room is pretty much rectangular with just a few wet cuts required. The tiles are light coloured and I have always used white addy when fixing these in the past. Obviously, these also need to be sealed.

I gave my quote and the prospect advised that he has had 2 other prices - mine was by far the most expensive!

I am happy to post the pricing, but would prefer to hear what you guys reckon the price should be first, please.

Oh and by the way, as a footnote, the screed was supposed to be tiled this week even though the screed has only been down 2 weeks :lol::lol:.

Thanks,
Daz

T

Time's Ran Out

Unfortunately Captain rates go out the window these days!
It seems that larger areas are expected to be considerably cheaper these days and its more like can you make it pay than can you get your rate.
I've got a 3 day job down your way this week at a competitive rate to link to other work.
Never like to quote figures as too many factors to consider but you have to get a decent day rate for 3 days.

Wet ufh, fresh screed, Mmmmmm, price depends on a few factors mate, ie, IF you were to fix prior to commissioning of ufh will you be using an un-coupling membrane, green screed addy etc, give us a clue lol

EDIT: must type faster, so are you going to fix mat down ? The reason I ask is, we had a failure at the begining of the year, a new build house in Clapham, basement kitchen floor, about 80 m2, no mention of wet ufh when we did the job, you guessed it, heating went on and tiles started popping.

Last edited:
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to I'd appreciate your opinions please in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I see and hear all to often of the horror stories when someone hires a supposed tiler only to...
Replies
Views
Hi, first post here. I've been lurking this forum for advice for a while, thank you all who...
Replies
Views
Hello, looking for advice and what to do next. Have had main bathroom installed via a local...
Replies
Views
C
Hi all Hoping for some opinions on how to handle an ongoing issue in having with my tiler He...
Replies
Views
Hi guys and girls, Wanted to get a couple of opinions. I recently done a couple of bathroom...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
I'd appreciate your opinions please
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

Results are only viewable after voting.

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.