Discuss I'm so chuffed! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

U

user123

Been reorganising our house for ages, decluttering and all sorts and today I looked at three closed type boxshelves full of STUFF in our dressing room, decided two of them on the side would be better, each one about 110x45, with 3 shelves... sorted through and got rid of all the stuff, looked at the left over shelf and then at my permanently disorganised desk ... took the middle shelf out, luckily just screwed, not glued in, as well as the back in the middle, my monitor fits inside PERFECTLY, wires nicely down the back of it, and I now have a large shelf over the monitor and one enclosed box shelf on either side of it, plenty high enough for A4 plus papers etc!!and it's the same colour as my desk, too, god it looks so cool!! and the top shelf is the perfect place for speakers, headpones, skype webcam, all that sort of thing .... I love it when a plan comes together... :lol: :hurray:It might just be a little thing, but those little things make me really happy! :lol:

U

user123

Ok, ok .. :lol: as said, it's not much to anyone else, but I love it! :)

DSC01486.jpg

U

user123

Great... :mad2: with me recent clearing obsession I got the utility room just the way I wanted it... central heating man is here, and says, your new condensing boiler, we're fitting today, if we lead the pipes inside over the back door and over there where those shelves are and down into the undersink cupboard and out, bladibla, it'll save you having pipes outside, avoid them freezing in the winter... ooh, very good, take down the superbly organised shelves, empty the lovely organised cupboard under the sink... pffff.... got stuff everywhere again now!!! :dots:
Avoiding freezing pipes is great, yeeeeeess, I knooooww..... hmmpfff...
Oh, and you can't powerflush our system, as it's microbore, the plastic pipes would burst, so it's continuing with the chemical flushes and hoping the new pump will give it more oommph to force through all them stone cold radiators...
please1.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
U

user123

Insulating pipes is not supposed to be as effective, Jay, and to be honest, pipes outside wouldn't look that hot either - with us being right on the North East Coast, I rather have the inconvenience now than frozen pipes in the winter... it's that "Short term pain, long term gain, rather than short term gain, long term pain" motto in practice... it is a very good motto really.... see, remembering that has made me feel better already.. :) . I'm supposed to be in the studio but have to be here, faff ...

Reply to I'm so chuffed! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

M
Hi all Interested in views from the trade world about how I should deal with a big floor tiling...
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Replies
Views
The growing popularity of “Thin Porcelain Tile” Now that industry professionals have coined a...
Replies
Views
Rizzle from the Portizzle
R
I
......All this in 3.5 days ? should i quote based on what he expects ? Removal Remove Existing...
Replies
Views
T
Good morning/afternoon/evening all! im currently in the middle of converting one of our spare...
Replies
Views
A
So it seems to me that this country and its government are just out to screw over the small...
Replies
Views
AMtek
A

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
I'm so chuffed!
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.