Guest viewing is limited

Discuss im struggling with this one! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

W

why tile

Hi all,

ok here it is,

i am fitting 900x450 porcelain tiles from villeroy and boch to 55 m2 of newly laid screed with underfloor heating(wet) the room has a consevatory. the coservatory floor has been laid with some form of metal frame with a very thick ply(this was how it was explained to me anyway)

so basically there are two different substrates, now i know there are drying time isues with the screed which i belive can be got around using a de coupling membrane.

will this membrane be a good idea when tilling over the two different substrates. and if so can anyone give me an idea on cost and any help on fitting as it is not something i have used before.

oh and cost is not an issue on this one the job just has to be perfect.

thanks

W

why tile

you will need to split the membrane were the 2 substrates meet and use an expansion joint to seperate the floor as the will move seperately

i have just spoke with the builder and he says that the ply is put in level with the concreete on the existing floor the then the heating pipes go down then the whole lot is sreeded so the substrate is going to be all screed.

i did question him on this and he assures me that it is good practise and is done quite often with conservatories.

Reply to im struggling with this one! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, New to the forum. I'm going to be installing a new corner, shower unit with tiled walls...
Replies
Views
M
Hi all Interested in views from the trade world about how I should deal with a big floor tiling...
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Replies
Views
L
Hello there. We've just bought our first home and having moved in last week, we are about to...
Replies
Views
Old Mod
O
The growing popularity of “Thin Porcelain Tile” Now that industry professionals have coined a...
Replies
Views
Rizzle from the Portizzle
R
Evening all, I'm pricing an exterior patio where the concrete pad has been laid by the...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
im struggling with this one!
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.