Discuss In your religion, what's Heaven and Hell meant to be? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

SandyFloor

i think that is a bit of a sad out look on things but we will all find out in the end. im of to have a game of poker on fb see you tomorrow God Bless m8.

It's funny that. I have an American friend who can't comprehend me being athiest. He honestly believes I'm in some kind of denial. The question he has asked frequently is "how can you not believe in God?" I think athiests are in a minority in the southern states hence a difference in attitude.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
if you had 66 books that were 1500 years in the writing ,and were written by 40 different authors all saying there are fairies in your garden i may start to think there my be fairies in your garden

Or the authors were lead to believe there were fairies. And were kept in nice conditions with wine cellars, vineyards and the likes all FOC?

T

Time's Ran Out

No. But I beleive in what CAN be proven, and everything that can't be should have equal treatment.

So santa, fairies, ghosts, spirits, gods, ufo's etc etc. If it's not proven it's hear say IMO. And why should we believe in things not proven. He'll, there's more evidence regarding reasons why religions were probably invented than there is evidence god exists.

Isn't there?

What do you mean - SANTA - not proven!
There's been more films about his life and none have had Charlton Heston in.

A

Aston

dan,
dont get me wrong, i am not probing you, or arguing against your reasoning, its just i'm trying to figure out why your so keen to disprove there's not a god or heaven etc
what motivates you to question other people beliefs???
do you think they are misguided, lost, weak, etc for belieiving is something that they cant 100 perc prove?

or put it another way, if there was compounding evidence tomorrow that there is a god and an after life (whatever that format be) would you be happy? would you be actually relieved and over the moon, that theres another higher level?? because i know i would.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
dan,
dont get me wrong, i am not probing you, or arguing against your reasoning, its just i'm trying to figure out why your so keen to disprove there's not a god or heaven etc
what motivates you to question other people beliefs???
do you think they are misguided, lost, weak, etc for belieiving is something that they cant 100 perc prove?

or put it another way, if there was compounding evidence tomorrow that there is a god and an after life (whatever that format be) would you be happy? would you be actually relieved and over the moon, that theres another higher level?? because i know i would.

Eeerm, not too sure mate. I just see so many people with so many strong beliefs and it's nearly always because their parents followed that faith. If I was born in India, Palistein (spelling), Egypt or somewhere with some other religion, I'd probably have parents of that religion, and I'd probably end up believing that.

I keep reading 'open your mind a bit' but really, I'm willing to be 'converted' if it is all true and proven. But until then, maybe believers need to open their mind as there's just a lot more proof, science and testing around it all and it's just proven to be totally unproven.

I think it's in me to just talk about stuff mate. It's probably why I made the forums. And I feel talking with loads of different types of people really gives me a nice outlook on life. And when I see something written that I can respond to, I will. And I love that you guys are still responding to me when some are taking a step back. :D So thanks for that.

If there was evidence tomorrow that there is god and an after-life. I'd be the first to setup a forum just about the topic. And I'd be converted. And perhaps it would answer some mysteries about the universe that I'm keen to keep reading up on.

But until that day, our little blue planet, in my eyes, wasn't created by a god.

I think people who beleive shut the doors to the knowledge that the earth is sooo so much older than the theory of god. And loads has lived here before 'mankind'. We're just borrowing it for a bit and because we didn't have a society pecking order, we made one. These days, it's Law and Government. But back when the bible was made it was religion that defined who you were and what made you do good things for the sake of life and not just yourself.

I love talking about it. So I question it mate. That's all.

The thread was meant to be about hell and heaven not religion in general and whether it exists, and yes it's me that lead it well off topic. Sorry for that. But hey, it's just a post I made and we have nearly half a million of them! (very close to that nice milestone there!) :D :D :D

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Nah, I see I'm right now mate. Until anything is proven, it's hear-say, surely? It has to be a choice you make to believe, and not a given. So like the UFO believers (and although I think there could be other existence, I just think if they had found us we'd probably be their planet now they'd be that advanced they're probably want to take over us - imagine an american government that could travel to another planet!?!) if you choose to believe it, fair enough, but to prove it's true and fact you need solid evidence.

That's not my view, that is a given.

Reply to In your religion, what's Heaven and Hell meant to be? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
T
So.... Signed up to the forum, looked at loads of threads (found the one about poor workmanship...
Replies
Views
R
Hi, I'm not a pro tiler but am hoping to get a bit of advice from those who are. I'm laying...
Replies
Views
G
Hi, We had a partial wet room installed in our first floor bathroom over 3 years ago by a...
Replies
Views
Gemma
G
The growing popularity of “Thin Porcelain Tile” Now that industry professionals have coined a...
Replies
Views
Rizzle from the Portizzle
R

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Dan

Staff member
Admin
Staffordshire, UK
Website
https://www.tilersforums.co.uk
What member type are you?
  1. DIY Wall and Floor Tiler
Business Name
Ekthetikos / untold.media

Thread Information

Title
In your religion, what's Heaven and Hell meant to be?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.