Discuss In your religion, what's Heaven and Hell meant to be? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
The problem is, Dan, you've only uncovered a lot of athiests. If anyone reading this has beliefs they're probably wary of stating it in case they get jumped on IMO.

I'm willing to be tired and tested and willing to try and test mate. I don't jump on people, only really tell them my view about their view and ask them to reiterate and let me understand. Sort of thing.

TBH is was meant to be about heaven and hell, not religion itself per say but you know how a thread goes :lol:

Checkout the thread on the other forum where I got the idea on. They have many religions all chipping in. And all of them are questioning the other and whatnot. I find it very interesting.

And let's face it, I've lost touch in the modern world of tiling and are pretty useless advice-wise unless it's UFH or old ceramics lol So what else can I post about? :lol:

No harm done mate. It's all just discussion and if people don't want to chip in, then that's their choice but I'm going to follow the thread as I made it, sort of thing. :)

S

SandyFloor

I'm willing to be tired and tested and willing to try and test mate. I don't jump on people, only really tell them my view about their view and ask them to reiterate and let me understand. Sort of thing.

TBH is was meant to be about heaven and hell, not religion itself per say but you know how a thread goes :lol:

Checkout the thread on the other forum where I got the idea on. They have many religions all chipping in. And all of them are questioning the other and whatnot. I find it very interesting.

And let's face it, I've lost touch in the modern world of tiling and are pretty useless advice-wise unless it's UFH or old ceramics lol So what else can I post about? :lol:

No harm done mate. It's all just discussion and if people don't want to chip in, then that's their choice but I'm going to follow the thread as I made it, sort of thing. :)

I know what you're saying and certainly wasn't having a go ( quite the contrary). I personally like a good arguement whether I'm involved or simply reading it and am always interested in other views and sometimes even have my mind changed to some degree.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
I know you weren't having a dig at me mate. I just can't reply any other way, it's me. :lol:

Discussion of and the sharing of knowledge is what makes the world tick. Hell, it's my job to cause it, though thankfully unlike a priest it's not about religion (sorry if that's not their job - only dealt with them at funerals and weddings).

I love it to bits and would never want to stop it. We all hate closing threads that have got out of hand. And my first line was "we're all professional enough here to discuss it" and I wouldn't have posted it at all if I thought it'd lead to any member knocking another, especially me.

I don't mind what views people have, what they shoot with their guns, or what they do in their spare time. But we shouldn't by too shy to talk about it if we want to. If we don't, don't. Doesn't bother me. :)

i dont believe heaven or hell is a place..i believe its where you at inside. its your dominating thoughts and actions that determine whether you are in heaven or hell..

i dont believe in organised religions. they divide people, when fundamentally they all about creating good..who's to say one is right or wrong?

god to me isnt a man or someone we will see...god to me is simple anything that leads to good and anything positive, whether thats a thought, an action, a memory, whatever....god is more of an energy process to me.

as for life after death, then, i know that energy cant be destoyed, only reformed and it continues, so maybe electrical / telepathic waves will be your exit from the physical life....cant prove it, and i cant disprove, so i'll go wit the positive view and say, i'll go with a open mind rather than a closed one ;0)

as for jesus...well theres tonnes of evidence that he existed..who cares what he supposedley did or didnt? what you cant fault is that he dedicated his life to helping people who were lost, to be found..he died on a cross for what he belived in and thats either crazy or amazing. im gonna give him the benefit of the doubt and say it was amazing..

as for all the other religions/beliefs/faiths, why cant we just accept them all and focus on what good points they all possess, rather than looking to doubt them, and condemn them....each to there own, if it leads to good, then thats god to me ;0)

Everton or Liverpool ?

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Well he was wrong mate. Healthy discussion is needed to change random trends and give people lots of options.

If somebody convinced me to become a believer, or change my party at the next election, then I'd owe them a lot IMO.

Though I can see where he's coming from. I'm sure when weapons are in both party's hands at the time of discussion they could end up with quite a regular mess if they did keep getting a bit too opinionated.

P

Prem Tiler

Well he was wrong mate. Healthy discussion is needed to change random trends and give people lots of options.

If somebody convinced me to become a believer, or change my party at the next election, then I'd owe them a lot IMO.

Though I can see where he's coming from. I'm sure when weapons are in both party's hands at the time of discussion they could end up with quite a regular mess if they did keep getting a bit too opinionated.

Could be becasue he knew how far right I am. lol

I'm forever dessussing realigon and politics, The fella was a plank.

I will say Dan have you ever read any of Dan Browns book?

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Here, some quotes off the forum where I found the idea. This'll mix it up a bit.

I heard the soul who lands up in hell are made to go through the same emotions and feelings that they have had caused to others one by one , like if someone has cut 100 chickens , in hell he will go through the same feelings that the chickens had undergone while dieing at his hand 100 times

In Quran , There are many Verses about Hell. It will be Burning Fire and Disbeliever's of Allah (ONE n Only) will be in there.. That day there will be no Mercy on them and They will be In Burning Hell Fire for alwaysss...

How annoyed are you gonna be if you die and find out there is no god, or you were worshiping the wrong one?

If you are unlucky enough to be a muslim, female, virgin, heaven consists of you getting raped by murderers...

If you are an atheist , do you think most people get away doing bad things without any side effect ?
To which somebody replied
We have a law system and prisons on earth to deal with anyone, christains, muslims, jewish and atheists. So I don't feel the need to make up a punishment system.

There is nothing like "hell" there is only "Heaven" where God use to live. Some people say that hell is on the earth only, in some or other way you have to sett off the "sin". And for those things you have to still live on earth and as its punishment period is over after that you will die. If in your the "sins" balance is more than you will have to take 1 more time birth in the form of any creature of the earth, and would have to settle your "sin" account.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Could be becasue he knew how far right I am. lol

I'm forever dessussing realigon and politics, The fella was a plank.

I will say Dan have you ever read any of Dan Browns book?
I haven't actually mate but had the last on my 'wish list' but never got it still. Worth a read then?

P

Prem Tiler

I haven't actually mate but had the last on my 'wish list' but never got it still. Worth a read then?

Oh mate, Deffently!! You will really enjoy them from what I've read from your belief's. Dan Brown his a very clever man with an intresting intruprtation on religion. Will blow your mind. Not just the story telling but the way he exsplores mans need to believe.

Reply to In your religion, what's Heaven and Hell meant to be? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
T
So.... Signed up to the forum, looked at loads of threads (found the one about poor workmanship...
Replies
Views
R
Hi, I'm not a pro tiler but am hoping to get a bit of advice from those who are. I'm laying...
Replies
Views
G
Hi, We had a partial wet room installed in our first floor bathroom over 3 years ago by a...
Replies
Views
Gemma
G
The growing popularity of “Thin Porcelain Tile” Now that industry professionals have coined a...
Replies
Views
Rizzle from the Portizzle
R

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Dan

Staff member
Admin
Staffordshire, UK
Website
https://www.tilersforums.co.uk
What member type are you?
  1. DIY Wall and Floor Tiler
Business Name
Ekthetikos / untold.media

Thread Information

Title
In your religion, what's Heaven and Hell meant to be?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.