Discuss In your religion, what's Heaven and Hell meant to be? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
[video=youtube;YgJmsK2s0uI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgJmsK2s0uI&feature=related[/video]

Nice vid that mate. Puts up a good argument.

He's saying the right things in some sense but it still doesn't really prove much, he's just talking a lot.

His first point says there has to be something and you have to think about it outside of the physically universe to understand it must have come from somewhere.

Though then right away onto his second point he's saying logic in it's own sense says design came from a mind. So sort of contradicting as he first said it doesn't matter about logical thinking.

I stopped the vid there.

T

The D

Nice vid that mate. Puts up a good argument.

He's saying the right things in some sense but it still doesn't really prove much, he's just talking a lot.

His first point says there has to be something and you have to think about it outside of the physically universe to understand it must have come from somewhere.

Though then right away onto his second point he's saying logic in it's own sense says design came from a mind. So sort of contradicting as he first said it doesn't matter about logical thinking.

I stopped the vid there.

can you prove that god does not exist ?

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
can you prove that god does not exist ?

No. But I beleive in what CAN be proven, and everything that can't be should have equal treatment.

So santa, fairies, ghosts, spirits, gods, ufo's etc etc. If it's not proven it's hear say IMO. And why should we believe in things not proven. He'll, there's more evidence regarding reasons why religions were probably invented than there is evidence god exists.

Isn't there?

U

user123

In Germany heaven and sky are the same word, and all the children's books depict that when you die and you've been good you sit like an angel on the clouds... imagine me looking really really hard when I flew for the first time ever, aged 9 or so, if I could see anyone sitting on a cloud! :)

I have felt God or at least a powerfully peaceful and serene and good and comforting energy in my life, and there are some places that feel holy and special I have visited, to imagine life without it would be pretty terrible. I think we have been given awareness and love and a conscience to really appreciate life NOW, experience heaven while we are alive, and anything that goes against that feels more like hell, much like PremTiler put so well. And I believe that life itself is proof of the spirit within us, spirit meaning the essence of life, and yes, I do believe that will move on and be reincarnated again, depending how much else there is to learn... (talk about feel the fear and do it anyway, I probably get shot down for that, too....) As Ed says, energy cannot be created nor destroyed, I think the spirit gets overlooked when just looking at the body decaying, and yes, I say thank you all the time, more often than I say please, so I suppose I experience heaven more often than hell.

Reply to In your religion, what's Heaven and Hell meant to be? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
T
So.... Signed up to the forum, looked at loads of threads (found the one about poor workmanship...
Replies
Views
R
Hi, I'm not a pro tiler but am hoping to get a bit of advice from those who are. I'm laying...
Replies
Views
G
Hi, We had a partial wet room installed in our first floor bathroom over 3 years ago by a...
Replies
Views
Gemma
G
The growing popularity of “Thin Porcelain Tile” Now that industry professionals have coined a...
Replies
Views
Rizzle from the Portizzle
R

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Dan

Staff member
Admin
Staffordshire, UK
Website
https://www.tilersforums.co.uk
What member type are you?
  1. DIY Wall and Floor Tiler
Business Name
Ekthetikos / untold.media

Thread Information

Title
In your religion, what's Heaven and Hell meant to be?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.