Discuss In your religion, what's Heaven and Hell meant to be? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
A very good thought provoking thread, I was christened C of E my mother was Catholic, my father Protestant. My elder sister was brought up in the Catholic faith. At the age of 15yrs I was intoduced to the Mormon church, by way of American missionaries who had got me hooked on playing Baseball. After allowing me to get quite good at the game, they then informed me that unless I was baptized I would no longer be a part of the team. My father put a stop to this, as I was expected to give 5% of my earnings to the church.

As you can imagine, I have experienced quite a few religions, I do believe some people can gain comfort from their beliefs. Unfortunately it is not for me. I recently worked with a very nice guy, who was a devout Jehovah's witness. When I asked him about Darwin's origin of species he told me it was all rubbish, in his opinion the world was created 4,000.00 yrs ago by GOD in the garden of Eden. I had to ask him how he explained the fossil records going back millions of years, he quoted from the old testament. I think religion can bring comfort to people who choose to believe. But as stated, in the hands of fanatics, it can be very dangerous:mad2:

PS. God if you are reading this, I am sitting on the fence:yikes:

That's a very fair view mate. Hats off to you.

And unfortunately we've had to ban god as he was spamming some religion website so he wont get to see this.

kilty55

TF
Arms
edinburgh
Have an informed mind mate. We end up soil, worm feed, and eventually rock. So the energy we've borrowed during life is partly given back. We certainly don't have a spirit and no spirit goes anywhere once you die. You just die and start to rot.

True, as 'cold' as it might sound.

does this mean my face may end up in a slice of travertine on someones bathroom wall in future years da:smilewinkgrin::smilewinkgrin:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Well this thread didn't turn out quite what I thought as I guess in the main we're the same religion.

But checkout the forum where I found it and the different types of heaven and hell: What happens in HELL as per your religion ?

Which would be true? They all claim to have evidence their religion is the one. They mostly have different views of what happens after death.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
A little known fact that Darwin called for a Catholic Priest on his deathbed!
He wasn't that stupid after all!!
As regards myself, i'll side with the 70,000 people, of all denominations, that witnessed Fatima in 1917.

Can't find much on this. But what I did find was this: BBC News | EUROPE | Fatima's 'third secret' revealed

50,000 people said they saw the sun "dance" in the sky!

Seriously? This is believed? Our sun stays well put in relation to our earth, if it danced, it would mean our planet is actually dancing and not the sun. If that happened we'd quickly travel through stages of nearly freezing and nearly burning.

Doesn't make sense to me. Believe what you see not what you hear, right?

P

phil7677

My sister-in-law and mother-in-law went to see Psychic Sally the other day and literally laughed at me for not believing in Ghosts?!?!

psychic sally :D:D that cracked me up just the name :D
tell you what i wonder how many people who don`t believe in god. when a time comes when the chips are really down pray?
i was once in what i would best describe as an awkward situation in a previous career when a gun had my name on it. i didn`t pray at the time but i sure said thank you when i walked away. btw i wasn`t a drug dealer before you ask :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
I've prayed, but I was at a young age and you're sorted of forced to do it, and this often sticks. I never got it, and only really when I was old enough to understand santa wasn't real did I understand you're praying to nobody.

And Phil, I know you were a bounty hunter mate, it's okay, you don't have to deny it. :lol:

dog-the-bounty-hunter-dog-the-bounty-hunter-1852504-1280-1024.jpg

P

Prem Tiler

I believe Heaven is not a place but a feeling, A feeling of warmth, fulfillment, knowing, rest, the sun on your face on a summers day, the wind in your hair, the sand under your feet and the rain on your skin.

Hell is a feeling of anxiety, missing, loneliness, unrest, the sense you get when something really bad is about to happen or when you have done something really bad. That feeling of guilt, of worry and dread. The coldness when you just can warm up and your bones ache.

P

phil7677

:D
i was made to go to sunday school every sunday (funnily enough) :)
they taught us that hell would be for a thousand years and you would have to answer for your wrongs before being sent down there if you were a non believer. the teacher very kindly told me that my dad who was a non believer would be going and that is what he would face. nice thing to tell a 9 year old.
our idea of heaven from them would be a place where we would be for eternity in a gracious state without the worries of ill health and meeting up with all other believers.
you can imagine the sort of nightmares i had as a kid stressing about my dad.
i can`t really say what i think of him as it`s not in the pub :D but i am sure you can imagine

Reply to In your religion, what's Heaven and Hell meant to be? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
T
So.... Signed up to the forum, looked at loads of threads (found the one about poor workmanship...
Replies
Views
R
Hi, I'm not a pro tiler but am hoping to get a bit of advice from those who are. I'm laying...
Replies
Views
G
Hi, We had a partial wet room installed in our first floor bathroom over 3 years ago by a...
Replies
Views
Gemma
G
The growing popularity of “Thin Porcelain Tile” Now that industry professionals have coined a...
Replies
Views
Rizzle from the Portizzle
R

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Dan

Staff member
Admin
Staffordshire, UK
Website
https://www.tilersforums.co.uk
What member type are you?
  1. DIY Wall and Floor Tiler
Business Name
Ekthetikos / untold.media

Thread Information

Title
In your religion, what's Heaven and Hell meant to be?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.