UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Info on Weber.Col anhydrite 2 Gypsum based adhesive... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

A

Anthony Rigby

Firstly I'm a DIY'er if that makes any difference but I'm also an industrial chemist and this bonding to calcium sulphate screed is really interesting....I'll get my coat ;0)

After having a chat with Ajax I've plumped for the Gyvlon screed, 35 square meters laid by these guys... TW Pump Hire - Liquid / Flowing Screed Application (ps thats not an advert as I'm not connected at all but merely recommending them from experience)

It's been in a while now and we've had the wet UFH on so it should be quite dry. Now as a DIY'er trying to find somewhere that did Gypsum based adhesive was neigh on impossible however by luck creative impressions is located about 20 mins from where I live. I took a drive down there yesterday and picked up some bags of their GBTA along with some primer.

I decided for the sake of the short while to prime the surface after ensuring all the laitence had been removed. The primer looks very much like PVA although it did smell like it had some type of ammonia based compound mixed with it. Two coats of primer went on easily and was no issue at all.

I'll report back as to the use of the GBTA and my experiences once completed.

Two tilters type questions first if that OK?

I'm putting Tavertine 60x40 stone down, what bed size would you plump for? I was going to work on 3mm however I'm not sure if thats sufficient?

Also the room is open plan so I was going tile half of the room, move the furniture, kitchen units etc to the other half once tiled and allowed to dry and do the other half... will this be OK?

Cheers for now..

Ant

D

Daz

Hi Ant & welcome to TF,

Travertine, 35sqm & wet UFH.....have you considered a decoupling membrane too?
A decoupling membrane will eliminate any lateral movement and therefore reduce the risk of the stone cracking with the UFH.

How thick is the travertine? This will help advise the most suitable trowel size to use.

As far as furniture is concerned, you will be fine moving things around provided everything has dried properly. Just be careful with regards to scratching, sealing etc..

Good luck,

Daz

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Info on Weber.Col anhydrite 2 Gypsum based adhesive... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
I received an email about BAL External tile adhesive and grout this morning and thought I'd post...
Replies
Views
J
Hi, I have got my kitchen extension floor to tile (6x3m). The floor is anhydrite screed which i...
Replies
Views
One Day
O
J
Hi, I have a 60sqm floor to lay on Anhydrite screed, I am using 800mm x 800mm porcelain tiles...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. All the Anhydrite screeds I have done, have UFH (wet) I have always lathered the floor...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.