Discuss Insulation Resistance problem with elektra underfloorheating in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

diamondtiling

Is this just on your heat mats..?

All the ones i have installed, i use my multi meter and check continuity between live and neutral and do an Ohms reading this way as well and i always get the same reading that is on the tag or in the booklet.. never a 0 reading..

That exactly what I do Dave, I have a fluke tester and it always gives me a reading that is the same as the label. Never had to test the earth, varme kits dont have an earth wire.

S

Stewart

All the ones i have installed, i use my multi meter and check continuity between live and neutral and do an Ohms reading this way as well and i always get the same reading that is on the tag or in the booklet.. never a 0 reading..

I'm the same as you Dave....... ohms reading from live and neutral and that's the way the manual tells me too. As for the mat alarm sensor while installing, this is connected to live, neutral and earth.

pjrich

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Ipswich

Not just our mats, all should be checked for insulation resistance - ensures theres no leakage to earth.

What you describe with the multimeter is the resistance check of the mat, which also must be done before and after the install.

pjrich

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Ipswich
That exactly what I do Dave, I have a fluke tester and it always gives me a reading that is the same as the label. Never had to test the earth, varme kits dont have an earth wire.

As said to Dave, checking with multimeter the resistance is definatley the right thing to do but insulation resistance should also be checked.

If the mat has not earth then it does not comply with the requirements of the 17th edition wiring regulations.

pjrich

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Ipswich
Thanks for that, so in theory this IS the sparks job.. but a test on the mat is sufficient by the tiler..?

Insulation resistance is generally done by the Spark, all electrical installs have to be checked for insulation resistance so they will have the kit.

pjrich

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Ipswich
Sound...

i have not seen any spark i have used do that test then..:lol:...

They may have used something like this, which is a multifunction tester which will do all the tests a sparks need.
fluke-1652-17th-edition-tester-198-819_medium.jpg

Reply to Insulation Resistance problem with elektra underfloorheating in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I'm a chippy, I fit a lot of kitchens and some bathrooms, inevitably I have done quite a bit of...
Replies
Views
G
hey guys In 2 minds wether to put underfloor heating in my kitchen. I've currently got a...
Replies
Views
Old Mod
O
Electric Underfloor Heating forum becomes Underfloor Heating Forum covering both Electric and...
Replies
Views
http://www.*************************.com/water-underfloor-heating-152-w.asp Supplying Water...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a floor to tile and install electric underfloor heating. I have done quite a few...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Insulation Resistance problem with elektra underfloorheating
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.