UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss inventions in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

nybor62

TF
rotherham
i bumped into an old pal of mine this avo, he,s a plasterer for over 30 yrs , he as invented a nice bit of kit for use with 8x4 plaster boards , those of us who plaster, know how awkward it is boarding a ceiling on ya own,
well not any more , its all ready patented , and ready to go into production, i cant say to much for obvious reasons , it will retail for about £9.00 , there is a lot of interest from the big diy out lets ,

any one else had a brain wave but just left it on the shelf

I

Ian

If it's patented you could give us a little idea what it does :smilewinkgrin: I'm always trying to come up with something new, my latest idea was a spacer that is a cross (like a normal one) but each leg was a different size ie 1/1.5/2/2.5mm to help with all these badly sized tiles that are about at the moment, then I realised that's what wedges are for :lol:

nybor62

TF
rotherham
Me and my mate (who is a computer programmer) were thinking about starting a website up a few years ago where people could submit their own little videos. There was nothing like this around at the time. Never got round to doing it really... Then about a year later up pops youtube :incazzato:

the tools could have gone in the skip rich

nybor62

TF
rotherham
If it's patented you could give us a little idea what it does :smilewinkgrin: I'm always trying to come up with something new, my latest idea was a spacer that is a cross (like a normal one) but each leg was a different size ie 1/1.5/2/2.5mm to help with all these badly sized tiles that are about at the moment, then I realised that's what wedges are for :lol:

i cant bri i promised i would ,nt tell untill its in the shops , when it is you will be the 1st to know, being a stalker you might know before me

W

White Room

i bumped into an old pal of mine this avo, he,s a plasterer for over 30 yrs , he as invented a nice bit of kit for use with 8x4 plaster boards , those of us who plaster, know how awkward it is boarding a ceiling on ya own,
well not any more , its all ready patented , and ready to go into production, i cant say to much for obvious reasons , it will retail for about £9.00 , there is a lot of interest from the big diy out lets ,

any one else had a brain wave but just left it on the shelf

That would be interesting, I've used a few that have been good and were fairly cheap...

K

kendo1

You need one of these:
Tars-Tarkas.jpg
The film comes out in another month or so.

O

Old Mod

Maybe u should have run with it @Bri!

Twin flex

image.jpeg

R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

I've actually got another decent idea at the moment but it's a tiling tool only, so even if it is useful there's only probably 5000 people in the country who would use it, don't think I'll be making my millions off it, even if I can get it made cheaply.
according to goverment data there are 65547 registered floor and wall tiler in the uk with avarage confirmed
income of £25 000 pa . sounds about right

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to inventions in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi All First post long storey short had arranged for someone to re model my bathroom on the...
Replies
Views
L
Hello there. We've just bought our first home and having moved in last week, we are about to...
Replies
Views
Old Mod
O
M
Hi all Interested in views from the trade world about how I should deal with a big floor tiling...
2 3 4 5
Replies
Views
D
Hi all - just come across this site and congrats to all for the great advice supplied to all -...
Replies
Views
devillindaf
D
R
Hi gys just a quick rant to vent my anger!! and ask for your help (wet room guys) After a long 3...
Replies
Views
Sean SML Tiling
S

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.