Guest viewing is limited

Recommended Tile Suppliers

We recommend a couple of tile suppliers, Topps Tiles and Tile Giant.

They supply good adhesive brands and provide trade discounts for genuine tilers.

Discuss is the Topps stuff any good? in the Best Tile Suppliers | Tile Supplier Discount Codes area at TilersForums.com.

F

Fekin

Topps own adhesive just as good as Bal, I would say in general yes and no, but, it all depends on what context you mean it.

Is Toppfix just as good as Bal Bluestar for standard kitchen walls, then In my opinion, yes it is.
They both do the job you need just as good as each other.

But, I would happily tile a bathroom shower area that gets low to medium useage in Bal Bluestar, but I wouldn't do it with Toppsfix adhesive.

Topps own brand rapidset in my opinion is just as good too.

Topps mosaic fix is just as good as Bal too form what I have used.

So all in all I would say Topps gear is just as good for low to medium wet areas, but when you start to get to the medium to heavy wet areas Bal is far better to use.

F

Fekin

Is pricing really that keen down in England that price of adhesive is absolutley critical? I will generally use White Star for tubbed stuff and A SPF for non-tubbed. I only mark up a little on materials to compensate for my time in procurement. My "profit" is made on labour!

Why complicate matters?

Grumpy

I often find that on estimates that the customer might have had 2 or 3 quotes already as when they have asked me how much is materials, they seem to have a heart attack if I have priced up say whitestar or what have you.

Thing is though, Im now advetising in different areas, so that will bring different customers, so it could just be the areas that I have targetted so far that are "careful" with money

G

Grace'sDad

I agree with Fekin - their own brand RSF is decent enough - as is the bucket addy. I'll happily use either in non-critical applications such as stable floors and kitchen splashbacks - other than that, I'll always use premium products.

I noticed that they are pumping up the trade prices recently, not only on own brand but also on BAL. Might have to start shopping around again eh, depending how it goes?!

Reply to is the Topps stuff any good? in the Best Tile Suppliers | Tile Supplier Discount Codes area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I know it wasn't all of them but it must have been all the ones that were working well that got...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I purchased some tiles on the 13th August from Topps Tiles in London, I wont say which one. But...
Replies
Views
  • Suggestion
Topps Tiles in-store or online - Genuine Feedback, Positive or Otherwise. I used to work in a...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Which Tile Adhesive and grout brand did you use the most in the last 12 months? And also...
Replies
Views
I will be tiling with 60*30 procelain tiles. They weight about 3.57kg each which is about...
Replies
Views

Tile Buying Popular Threads

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
is the Topps stuff any good?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Best Tile Suppliers | Tile Supplier Discount Codes
Start date
Last reply date
Replies
Unsolved
--

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond