Guest viewing is limited

Discuss is this floor correct in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

A

Andy S tile

hi guy,s starting this tomorrow infact today now i check my watch... 60m floor through 5 rooms with ufh. 600x600 porcelaine. Substrates vary between tongue and groove, ply and concrete, odd dip and hump here and there but nowt major. This is my plan so just wana make 100% sure its right.... Lay dita matting stuck to various subsrates with a thin(ish) r.s.f. Then screed over the matting with self levler. Fit the warm up ufh, then tile? Your thoughts appreciated as never used the ditra matting before! Thanx

G

grumpygrouter

thanks for your advice alan, do i detect a tiny hint of sarcasm, ther's me thinking this site was for exactly that kind of information and to put all the uneducated and maybe not quite as experiencd tilers on the right track! Andy
From experience of Andy P's posts and advice on the forum, I don't think any sarcasm was intended. I think he was just trying to point out that maybe the job wasn't as straight forward as you may have hoped and as you were starting today you may just want to take a step back for a moment and re-assess what was required. :thumbsup:

A

Andy S tile

Andy the ufh goes underneath the ditra.

Pebbs[/QUOTE ↲
After alans disturbing news on weds night i decided to get on the phone to schluter and find out all i need to know which admitidley i should have before! Anyhow i have put off starting the job till monday and today recieved in the post a full spec sheet on ditra and ufh. I would just like to quote a little from that sheet....."for wire systems installed above schluter ditra please ensure that the cut back cavities are fully filled with adhesive and that an adhesive bed of aprox 2mm thick is spread over the mat and levelled, this is precautionary to prevent the wires touching the polythene mat. Once the adhesive has set the heating wires can be laid and tiles installed with a suitable notched trowel" so it seems i wasnt far out in the first place and have since wasted 2 days while this information came through. ↲↲
Re: the expansion joints just a little advice on that will be helpful. I was intending to put expansion joints in but i didn't know they must be directly above where different substrates meet, so when setting out the floor if i cant get a grout line on the diff substrates then i guess the only way is to cut a tile and place the two pieces back together with a spacer inbetween, so how with this job running through 5 rooms and the substrates not meeting in straight lines or running all the way across the rooms i will have to also cut tiles that actually don,t need to be cut to keep my grout lines lined up! How big duz the gap in the expansion joint spacing need to be, ie, how wide? Thanks Andy

Reply to is this floor correct in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

This is just a general question? Not a job I will be doing, as it is too far away from me, but I...
Replies
Views
T
Hello Helpful Ones Yonda I hope I can get some help on various questions. I am trying to...
Replies
Views
White Room
W
O
Hi and thanks in advance for all advice. we are making 2 bathrooms in the top floor of an old...
Replies
Views
Uheat - Keith
U
Y
Went to a job yesterday to take up a slate floor in a kitchen which had been down less than two...
Replies
Views
GazTech
G

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
is this floor correct
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.