UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss ive seen it all now... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
went to my local suppliers today and there selling a tile you fit without using normal adhesive.

its call 'snap' and its porcelain tiles that you lay on a mat thats stuck to the floor you then peel the backing off like double sided sticky tape and stick the tiles to that, you then grout using there grout in silicone tubes..:lol:

says 'patent pending' on the display, dont think they should bother, cant see anyone wanting to pinch the idea, apart from the fact the floor would have to be dead level (when was the last time you saw one of those) i cant see it standing the test of time ......oh and its £48.00 per m2.....

anyone eles seen this.....do you think we should all start panicking..:lol:

peteablard

TF
Arms
Cheshire
I saw something similar about 2 yrs ago at a local floor supplier (Amtico, Karndean and wood). I saw this product that looked like a laminate tile but the guy said you grouted it, with their grout.

Never enquired any further. It might even be the same product Andy. What was it called?

I know the one you mean John, Amtico do a vinyl tile that you space the same as normal then grout it with their own grout. I only fitted it once however I did have to go and re grout another job that had only been down a few months and most of the grout had come out. Hardly surprising as the tiles were only 4 mm thick with a beveled edge so the grout was only 2-3mm. I could be wrong but I think there were quite a few problems with them which is no surprise. Not seen the system that Andy mentioned though.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
I know the one you mean John, Amtico do a vinyl tile that you space the same as normal then grout it with their own grout. I only fitted it once however I did have to go and re grout another job that had only been down a few months and most of the grout had come out. Hardly surprising as the tiles were only 4 mm thick with a beveled edge so the grout was only 2-3mm. I could be wrong but I think there were quite a few problems with them which is no surprise. Not seen the system that Andy mentioned though.

It may have been Amtico. I actually have Amtico in my hall but it has the feature strips, not grout? Like you said it's prone to crack because of the thickness 2-3mm. I have to go to the supplier to gat some Karndean samples for a customer so I might take a look at it

gamma38

TF
Bedford
went to my local suppliers today and there selling a tile you fit without using normal adhesive.

its call 'snap' and its porcelain tiles that you lay on a mat thats stuck to the floor you then peel the backing off like double sided sticky tape and stick the tiles to that, you then grout using there grout in silicone tubes..:lol:

says 'patent pending' on the display, dont think they should bother, cant see anyone wanting to pinch the idea, apart from the fact the floor would have to be dead level (when was the last time you saw one of those) i cant see it standing the test of time ......oh and its £48.00 per m2.....

anyone eles seen this.....do you think we should all start panicking..:lol:

mmmmmmmmmmmm level floor, I had one of those, it was in a dream. I also dream that I am married to a supermodel and my bank balance is big enough to bail out europe I also don't think there is too much to worry about though £48per sq mtr not sure if many of my customers would pay that for anything.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to ive seen it all now... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hey everyone, I've been at a stall in my bathroom reno most of this year mainly due to work...
Replies
Views
I'm having my kitchen renovated and the tiler came last week and did the floor tiles. They're...
Replies
Views
TilersForums.com has been online since 2006 and we've had many designs, even three forum...
Replies
Views
Hi, New to the forum. I'm going to be installing a new corner, shower unit with tiled walls...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I really need some pro advice as I have just had a bathroom fitted and the tiling...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 53945
D

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.