Discuss job today, in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

S

Stef

thank you guys... as I have managed to fix a baton for the shower enclosure and tile, there is already a set height for the tiles it is 150mm from the floor to the first grout joint I think either cut in the first row or cut some timber to the exact height cheers lads just want to go a bit quicker doubt I will manage to get all of the walls done but majority will make me very happy. I would have much preferred to rip the lot out as I would have been able to make quick decision rather than faff about but as I have never even tiled on tile it is all new to me. don't plan on doing it ever again lol.

So you were drilling through the original tiles that were already fixed?
Why did you not go through the grout lines or wasn't that an option?

S

Stef

it wasn't an option due to the height I had set out matey would of had to drastically adjust the height of the baton. my diamond core bits just melted in the end it was a spade shaped bit from tile choice that saved the day

Buy them spades from ScrewFix Ash, think they are back down to £6.00 for the 3 sizes, I've used them for years.
Should have just stuck a masonry bit onto a hammer drill & went for it, any damage would have been probably hidden.

S

Stef

I couldn't Neale the tiles were on the wall so couldn't do that sponge squeeze, they were ats I am not blaming them though was purely my inexperience with such a hard tile I have never had this problem to date and ive done some decent sized tile.

Hold the sponge on top of the core when cutting in situ & plunge into a bucket of water every 10-15 seconds to really cool down.

M

Mr Tiler

hi guys well I mastered the cutter today! lol also here's a couple of pics of the job so far. cheer for the advice last night. 1926029_216531968535795_840795880_o.jpg 1911067_216531901869135_80299813_o.jpg 1926131_216531855202473_1314144092_o.jpg

M

Mr Tiler

your speed will come later at the moment you just need to make sure the job is spot on ,im sure your customers would sooner have a nice job than a rushed **** up, glad you mastered the cutter

yeh I said to the chap today im not very fast just making sure its bang on for him. but he knows I havnt been doing it long anyway, hes happy with my work met there bathroom and kitchen fitters today too seem like nice lads they comment on my ts60 I was like 'yeh, that's me' haha

yeh I said to the chap today im not very fast just making sure its bang on for him. but he knows I havnt been doing it long anyway, hes happy with my work met there bathroom and kitchen fitters today too seem like nice lads they comment on my ts60 I was like 'yeh, that's me' haha
good luck hope all goes well for ya

Reply to job today, in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I’m halfway through tiling a shower cubicle at home. First time doing any tiling. I’ve used...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, i took some jobs as a contractor for some MC Donald's restaurants but i find it quite...
Replies
Views
We had our kitchen tiled last week and we're not at all happy with the work. The tiles aren't...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB