Discuss just been over the shop... in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

G

Gazzer

The way we did it is mix a 3 and 1 sand and cement semmy dry mix. Then take some of the semmy dry mix and make a wet slurry. Apply the slurry to the tile joint using a broom or a float until all the joints are (flooded we always caled it the semmy dry method but what is in a name) then sprinkle the rest of the semmy dry mix over the joints leave to firm up in the joint and then buff up with a rag leaving the joint full flat and even. If the tile is porous you may need to buff over with a mix of sawdust and linseed oil.

Ahhh happy days :thumbsup:

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to just been over the shop... in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
I received an email about BAL External tile adhesive and grout this morning and thought I'd post...
Replies
Views
hi, i am a virtually retired tiler (58), legs back hips etc etc. a friend carpenter (65) has...
Replies
Views
C
Hi all Hoping for some opinions on how to handle an ongoing issue in having with my tiler He...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB