Discuss Just read this and have an opinion please in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

mma

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Leicester
I try,too many times to do a good job whith wrong materials.After the job done I'm not happy with result,the client is not happy,so what is the point to do this?Money?Not,you lose more time to fix the cheap tiles then good tiles.Reputation?Noone after couple of weeks tell''Yes,the tiler do a good job with my cheap tiles''.I'm too old to try to do miracle!For miracle,stll searching the tools....Wrong walls?Can be fixed.Unlevel floor?Can be fixed.Wrong tiles?Can't be fixed,just try to do acceptable!
Are you French or Chinese??

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
I try,too many times to do a good job whith wrong materials.After the job done am not happy with result,the client is not happy,so what is the point to do this?Money?Not,you lose more times to fix the cheap tiles then good tiles.Reputation?Noone after couple of weeks tell''Yes,the tiler do a good job with my cheap tiles''.I'm too old to try to do miracle!For miracle,stll searching the tools....Wrong walls?Can be fixed.Unlevel floor?Can be fixed.Wrong tiles?Can't be fixed,just try to do acceptable!
Wish I could afford to be so picky...lol

A

Anto Holland

Okay thanks, trying to upload an image of this job with the 4M joints. Customer is really pleased and I would just like to show people on here but it wont upload ?? Thanks for the advice that is what I am going to do from now on. What it is, I have been out the game for 2 years as I went back to at aerospace industry. I missed tiling and being my own boss so have returned. Few things have changed as well. Picking it back up quickly tho.

Thanks

Chalker

TF
Arms
Tadcaster
Okay thanks, trying to upload an image of this job with the 4M joints. Customer is really pleased and I would just like to show people on here but it wont upload ?? Thanks for the advice that is what I am going to do from now on. What it is, I have been out the game for 2 years as I went back to at aerospace industry. I missed tiling and being my own boss so have returned. Few things have changed as well. Picking it back up quickly tho.

Thanks
your posts seem more polite now :thumbsup:

So welcome to the forum, loads of good advise and banter :welcome:

A

Anto Holland

tilng.jpg the 4M joints. Terrible bumpy ceiling by the way plus has a bow in it. They know this tho :)

Opinions? They are very happy with the job so far, will be grouted tomorrow and 2nd fix on saturday.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
If you just put in balance your benefit and your losse,is not so hard,better stay home then work and lose name and money!I tell by myself all time but never learn!

I really don't see it as a big issue I used to fit loads of pilks tiles with crappy spacers lugs on them and if you can keep them stright you can keep anything stright.....lol

Simons70

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Luton
View attachment 59730 the 4M joints. Terrible bumpy ceiling by the way plus has a bow in it. They know this tho :)

Opinions? They are very happy with the job so far, will be grouted tomorrow and 2nd fix on saturday.
How you split the windows.No reason for all this cutting in the left corner and following righ hand..In my eyes,you can match full tiles left and right.

A

Anto Holland

I always try to not do that I think it looks bad. So then you would have not had your window symetrical. Most important thing for me to be honest. Nice full tile wrap around as well into that far left. I'm happy with ti and you can't go back once you start. Have to make that decision and go with it and couldn't wait any longer standing with my brew chosing which one to go with haha. Cheers for opinion tho

Reply to Just read this and have an opinion please in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

My tiler has made a huge mistake (which he excuses as being unlucky with measurements). There is...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hi there I ordered 160sqm of 90cm x 90cms of matching Large Format Porcelain tiles. 105sqm for...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB