Discuss Just read this and have an opinion please in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

Mr Tiler

Hi guys,

Ok so I have come to a forum to discuss this. Last 3 jobs I have done on full bathroom installations working with a plumber. We have had the odd argument as I am or consider myself to be a good tiler....

All tiles have come from B&Q supplied by customer. The last job, the grout line went out slightly so the ceiling have a a row that went into ceiling uneven. Not too bad but hey ho... Anyway, I looke at the second tile in on that wall and its bigger than than the first tile. That's what has knocked the line out. I followed that tile. Ive been having battles with them. They are differ in sizes. Its making my job 10 times harder. Is it me or what? Is this a known factor?

Last 3 jobs with B&Q tiles they all change in size and on this job im using 4m grout line to make it look better (hide it) which I don't like doing.

Advice?

Thanks

this is just lack of experience mate, ive struggled with tiles of different sizes too but you have to adjust as you go... its hard to explain but i suppose its like saying, one day after lots of practise you start to tile in a different way and your eye is on the ball all the time rather than relying simply on the spacers and at the end of the job notice things you should of a lot earlier!

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
I'm not going to bother reading 9 pages after seeing your first response to TJ.
DIY stock tiles are generally tosh. If the tile your placing is significantly bigger to the one adjacent to it put it down a select another one.
You say you spaced it out to 4mm to compensate. Did you start with 4mm?
Round edge ceramic tile? Grout joints must look about 6/7mm? How do you fail to line up a joint that size, christ knows!

A

Anto Holland

Christ knows?? This is why people argue on here mate. read the 9 pages first then come back mate. You need to. Hope you don't treat your jobs like that. Leave out all the important info before tiling.

Who said I failed?
Who said customer didn't want big joints?

Facts pal ;)

I picked up more and more tiles, none of them were the same most times. The job has been posted on here under full rip out and re-tile. Go and have a look before judging.

I'm not going to bother reading 9 pages after seeing your first response to TJ.
DIY stock tiles are generally tosh. If the tile your placing is significantly bigger to the one adjacent to it put it down a select another one.
You say you spaced it out to 4mm to compensate. Did you start with 4mm?
Round edge ceramic tile? Grout joints must look about 6/7mm? How do you fail to line up a joint that size, christ knows!

A

Anto Holland

Ewww look at that corner pro. Did they pay you for that? lol2.jpg

Reply to Just read this and have an opinion please in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

My tiler has made a huge mistake (which he excuses as being unlucky with measurements). There is...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hi there I ordered 160sqm of 90cm x 90cms of matching Large Format Porcelain tiles. 105sqm for...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB