Discuss just went to the job centre!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

Deleted member 9966

well perhaps its time that some of the booming industry's should help out other areas of the economy come back to life financially by being taxed harder then!!

that's one way of doing it Dave. have you suggested it to the Government?

In 2011 my employer will be doing its bit for the economy with the expansion and recruitment plans we have.

M

mikethetile

read back through your posts Liz

all your oppurtunities have come from Labours spending. you have no idea what it was like under the tories last time but you will soon

I went with my daughter last week as her college course has been pulled and I tried to get her training for something else. I had the same experiance as Dave

you argued with Dave despite not having been in with a youngster to get them signed on to a course

and you should hear your self hammering kids coz you have a job and they dont, if theres no money they cant be trained

thats a national disgrace and all those that support that view should be ashamed of them selves

there are no jobs or oppurtunities for youngsters to go for

D

Deleted member 9966

read back through your posts Liz

all your oppurtunities have come from Labours spending. you have no idea what it was like under the tories last time but you will soon

I went with my daughter last week as her college course has been pulled and I tried to get her training for something else. I had the same experiance as Dave

you argued with Dave despite not having been in with a youngster to get them signed on to a course

and you should hear your self hammering kids coz you have a job and they dont, if theres no money they cant be trained

thats a national disgrace and all those that support that view should be ashamed of them selves

there are no jobs or oppurtunities for youngsters to go for

so shoot me for having my opinion on this. just because I wasn't working during the last Tory government doesn't mean I don't remember it. it doesn't mean I haven't read and studied about it. How many times do I have to say I'm not knocking what New Labour did for us? Go back and re read my posts Mike. I actually asked if anybody would like to go back to how it was before New Labour brought in all these training and funding initiatives. Labour took us forward, there's no denying that.

But now times are hard and we have to accept that the money isn't there anymore.

D

Deleted member 9966

as people of the UK i think we are stupid,letting the Banks get-away with this mess so lightly, they should pay hard for the years of exploitation they have got away with

It wasn't the banks Dave. It was the management people (fat cats) of the banks who exploited the system and ended up with good pensions. for those ordinary bank workers, they didn't get the same treatment and are now treated with contempt by Joe Public and yourself. my husband was a banker and I am proud to say he will receive the bonus he was entitled to eventually.

C

Colour Republic

I've never relied on the government for any kind of state supported training and education beyond the age of 18.

I was just about to write a massively boring post but Liz put it in to a nice little sentance above.

At what point did it become the states (i.e. the tax payers) burden to train people for a new job? Does it help the economy? debatable as to the amont of cash that is lost training people who will change their mind. Does it cost me and you revenue in the same way the dole does? IMO yes. New labour may have put these schemes in place but we all pay for them in some way... this point on taxes could also become a North south divide. Do you know it costs £120 a year to park outside my front door? How much would you pay to park outside your house?

... ok I did the boring reply :)

Reply to just went to the job centre!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

My mum is having her bathroom fitted and she sent me some photos and my partner pointed out that...
Replies
Views
We had our kitchen tiled last week and we're not at all happy with the work. The tiles aren't...
Replies
Views
Hi! Could I get some advice on my tiling? It's just been done last week by a tiler by trade but...
Replies
Views
Hi, I’m not a tiler - which is why I have one in working away on my new kitchen floor! However...
Replies
Views
We’re currently having our bathrooms fully redone including stripping back, boarding, tiling...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
just went to the job centre!!
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.