Discuss just went to the job centre!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

Deleted member 9966

I think they should be banned Doug

Dave posted his experiance, which happened to be the same as mine

why was it made political and why was the last goverment even mentioned when it was the condems that are responsible for this

unfortunately its the government that runs the job centres, so it's difficult to split the political element from this.

D

Deleted member 9966

yes it is

why even mention Labour , why not have a discussion on ways to fund training for youngsters

Mike, if you read the first of my posts where I mentioned New Labour, I was actually talking about the period of time before New Labour came to power, BEFORE we had all of these training initiatives and funding. I referred back to a time where the Tories would not have even entertained the idea of funding training and development for anybody regardless.

M

mikethetile

Mike, if you read the first of my posts where I mentioned New Labour, I was actually talking about the period of time before New Labour came to power, BEFORE we had all of these training initiatives and funding. I referred back to a time where the Tories would not have even entertained the idea of funding training and development for anybody regardless.

my point exactly, why make it political

C

Colour Republic

Mike, I'm not attacking you but please read your first post in this thread

please get informed before making these statements

gooners not off the mark and theres worse to come, at least the last government made an attempt to train youngsters and give them self respect, thiss government has pulled the plug on all training , so thats the end of that, they are telling youngsters to find voulantary work to gain work experiance as theres no money

how do I know this

like Dave I took my daughter down for an interview and like Dave I found out that the system may change and job centres will be closed down

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 9966

I haven't made it political. It's always about politics because, the job centre is run by the government. The funding initiatives are funded by the government and run by government quangos.

if it wasn't for the government (post second world war) we wouldn't have the NHS, the national welfare system, council housing, state pensions etc.

if the government ran themselves as a private business, they would have gone bankrupt many times over.

C

Colour Republic

ok Rob I see your point

but it gets my back up when I read ill informed comments from ivory towers

we had it hard Rob and had to learn to make our own living or go under

kids today dont stand a chance

I understand Mike I really do! I have a very good mate who swares Thatcher killed his old man and we come to blows over it all the time. I am Conservative through and through, maybe because my parents were and I believe in fairness in equality??? I remember the poll tax riots not so long ago but forgive me for saying is that not a fair system? We all use the same services.. in fact the public who have more money will most likely go private for services such as health, education.. in fact pay more money for things such as road tax than the average person. I have never claimed any benefits off the state (i.e. you and me) as i've been too proud to do so, even when i've been on my backside because I've been brought up that way. If more people took responsibilty for their own fate I think we would all be in a better place.

Sorry, don't mean to offend

Last edited by a moderator:
M

mikethetile

im not offended Rob

were on the same page, why should the size of a persons property dictate how much they pay for services, a fair system would charge according to the number of adults per household and everyone would pay the same

theres a lot needs sorting out in this country but I cant see it happening in my lifetime. the next generation coming up are going to be even more relliant on the state unless they can be taught the skills

Reply to just went to the job centre!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

My mum is having her bathroom fitted and she sent me some photos and my partner pointed out that...
Replies
Views
We had our kitchen tiled last week and we're not at all happy with the work. The tiles aren't...
Replies
Views
Hi! Could I get some advice on my tiling? It's just been done last week by a tiler by trade but...
Replies
Views
Hi, I’m not a tiler - which is why I have one in working away on my new kitchen floor! However...
Replies
Views
We’re currently having our bathrooms fully redone including stripping back, boarding, tiling...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
just went to the job centre!!
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.