UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Knock Knock... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

okay you are angry lett it go. you wont win this way. now you need to take stock .dont play the game that they are prepared for .now you need to take the job a part day by day each part that they are disagreeing with has a value .add them toghter in lump sums of £5000 and make a claim in the small claims court. for every amount £5000 our below you can make as many as you are owed . where your claim will be juged on the probabilty.i will tell you now they wont turn up .i have won every time and been paid

R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

I like your idea Ray, going to discuss it with me lads tomorrow. I sent a detailed email through to them today, for their response. Cheeky pieces of work have just sent through two more jobs for pricing, think I'll decline.

Lynn
yes reminds me of the time a contracts manager rang me up saying you dont seem to have priced this job up its one you spaclise in. i said have you asked your bank manger to price it. he said now why would i ask him .well if you exspect me to do your banking .i thought he might be doing the tiling:smilewinkgrin:

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
Here you go according to the main contractor the 'MARKET RATE' is £8.00m2 supply and fix! and using Ardex AF20 and he wants to take the 2.5% discount of that rate.

I jumped out of my chair, when he said he would show me the invoice he had of another job for their ditra.

Just got to carry on fighting the cause.

Lynn

If you quoted a rate and your quote was accepted that forms a contract. Market rate has B all to do with it. If you are pricing as an extra which might be an addition t the original contract then it might be a little more applicable but extras is where a lot of contractors make their money so even this is not really that relevant. You stick to your guns.

On a similar note though I have seen lots of main contractors screwing subbies in a bid to get the prices for the jobs down. That is a symptom of this blooming awful construction depression. Latest figures show the market down some 10% last quarter. They are probably trying it on.

As you rightly say if they have lost money that is not your fault. Why should you lose money as well.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Knock Knock... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, looking for advice and what to do next. Have had main bathroom installed via a local...
Replies
Views
Hi, New to the forum. I'm going to be installing a new corner, shower unit with tiled walls...
Replies
Views
Hi, I recently purchased my first property and the existing kitchen floor porcelain tiles were...
Replies
Views
M
This is a steam room I finished last week and was good fun, small but a tad complicated. The...
Replies
Views
Aston
A
M
i started out tiling displays for showrooms but I was on the books so I don't know what to...
Replies
Views
mattle40
M

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.