Discuss Legal advice sought guys... Do you think I will get my money back? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

D

Deleted member 1779

Legal advice needed guys. Just wondered if you had any views.

Background: I had a shop install in Manchester the other day (200 miles away) So a 400 mile round trip.

I decided to book a Travelodge at £40 a night and drive up. My plan was to put my daughter to bed at 8pm, eat my dinner then drive up at 10pm arriving at 2am.

THEY CALLED AT 9PM AND ASKED IF I WANTED THE ROOM. I SAID YES.

Heres what happened next in my letter to them.

===========================================================

Statement of Facts.

At 17:59 on 11[SUP]th[/SUP] April 2013 Linda from Travelodge Warrington Lymm services WA13 0SP called my mobile and spoke to me for 15 seconds. She asked if I still needed the room {Invoice WB31869811} and {Booking 258798343} as she was fully booked and had another guest to check in.

I said yes I am just leaving and it will take me four hours to get there. She said OK your room is defiantly confirmed for you. I travelled for 3h 20m [190 miles]

On arrival at 1.19am I spoke to Gina on reception who told me they had no rooms left and they were fully booked.

She said she had spoken to the manager at Knutsford WA16 0TL and I was to travel one junction back up the M6 where a room was reserved and guaranteed for me. I waited with Gena while she telephoned again to confirm this. There was no answer but I was told that this was normal. The manger is making his night rounds. Just go to Knutsford and the room will be ready for you.

On her advice I travelled for 21 minutes [21 miles] arriving at Knutsford at 2am. I was bluntly told by the desk manager they were fully booked. We have no rooms left and no reservation.

I left Nutsford at 2am and travelled for 25 minutes [25 miles] to Widnes WA8 0HA where a girl on reception told me they were fully booked.

At 2.30am I had to abandon the trip. Returning home took 3h 30m [210 miles] and I arrived at 6am.

It is now noon on the 12[SUP]th[/SUP] of April and I have travelled a total of 446 miles which at a standard rate of £0.25 will cost £111.50 in fuel.

I have paid 2 x £5.50 for the M6 tolls. And my day rate is £250.
I hold Travelodge responsible for my expenses and inconvenience.
I am giving you 14 days notice that I want my expenses of £372.50 paid plus a £200 gesture of goodwill.

There were two contracts formed. The first contract was when your representative Linda telephoned me from Warrington Lymm services and guaranteed me a room. The second contract was formed when your representative Gina based at Warrington Lymm guaranteed me a room at Knutsford.

References #15071-752981

===========================================================

Do you think I will get anywhere with Travelodge.

(Note just between you and me at 3am I did find a car park and then go to sleep on the front seat of my van. I did it by laying across the two passenger seats with my feet on the drivers seat)
It was REALLY cold and uncomfortable but I woke up at 5.30am and went to a BP garage for a coffee and a wash.

D

Deleted member 1779

Dear Mr Hazell,

Thank you for your e-mail.

I have personally spoken to the managers of Warrington Lymm and Knutsford M6.

Knutsford M6 have no records of your having arrived there.

They were fully aware of the fact that you were expected there as per your outbooking from Warrington and had a room ready for you.

I have also spoken to Knutsford Tabley in case you accidentally went to this hotel. However they also have no record of your having arrived.

As we have conflicting reports of this situation from the hotels I would be obliged if you could please confirm for me the exact hotels that you went to.

Thank you again for contacting us.

Kind regards

Travelodge Customer Services

D

Deleted member 1779

Yes at Nutford I arrived between 1.40am and 2am.

The postcode I was given by Gina to go to was WA16 0TL (At that time I did not know the name of the second Travelodge was Nutford)

I simply typed it into my SatNav and followed its directions back down the M6 for 20 miles. It is in a service station.

I parked at the back and then walked around to the front entrance (inside the service station) Your CCTV system will see that two men came out from the Travelodge and opened the door for me.

I was in a black jacket and jeans. I spoke to the manager (he was a male) late 20’s to early 30’s quite tall and chubby. I told him I had come from Warrington Lymm and there was a reservation for me.

He said “No sorry we are fully booked tonight” I explained that I was sent there by another Travelodge and he said “No I am sorry but we are fully booked all the rooms are occupied”

The conversation lasted less than a few minutes.

Bearing in mind I just had exactly the same conversation with Warrington Lymm it seemed pointless to have the same argument.

In an effort to mitigate my losses I decided to try to find another Travelodge. I searched on my iPhone on the internet to find another local Travelodge. It came up with postcode WA8 0HA.

I arrived there between 2.15am and 2.30am

Again CCTV on the front desk will confirm this. The Travelodge looks modern and is on an estate next to gypsy traveller site. I rang the bell and a young girl (20’s to 30 max) Came out of the back office.

I asked her if there was a room for the night. She stated that there was no room. “We are fully booked – sorry”

At about 2.30am and with it unlikely that there would be anything I could do further that is when I decided to abandon the trip. I hope that this detailed breakdown of both hotels will help jog the memories of the staff on that night so that you can establish the chain of events that evening and in the very early hours of the next day.

If you would like me to be more specific are recall even more events then I am happy to do so.

Richard Hazell.

D

Deleted member 1779

Well thats exactly what I thought. Dont ask. Dont get.

1) The fuel bill for a Peugeot Expert van doing 400 miles is enough to sink a small economy!
2) The Tolls at £5.50 (£11) is a spank on the bum
3) And I must have looked and smelled like a tramp when I presented myself to the outlet at 8am to do the install.

So we try....

OH PS: I am going to go to the small claims court if the compo is less than £372

D

Deleted member 1779

I was parked up right next to the Gypsy camp (next door to the Widnes Travelodge) and I think even THEY felt sorry for me !! :lol:

Maybe I should have knocked on a travellers caravan and asked for a bed. Probably be looked after better...

Next time I am putting this in the back of the van... :sofahide:

Apparantly the advise is always to PAY for the room (not just use a credit card to RESERVE a room) The girl on the desk said that if I
had told the receptionist to take full payment over the telephone then they could not have released my room because its all paid in full.

But if there is a provisional booking against a card then can let the room go. Just sharing this in case anyone here gets caught out.

IF you are travelling late CALL THEM AND PAY OVER THE PHONE. Thats their advice (after the event ! )

D

Deleted member 1779

Just found out they DID take the money out of my bank account on the day I travelled up

fdsfdsf.jpg

Noooot Impressed with that !

D

Deleted member 1779

Exactly guys. Even now the event has faded I am still hopping mad about the treatment recieved that night.

So far I have not had a response to that email from customer services and its been a week.

I do have a little ace up my sleeve. I have been sent the personal email of the Managing Director of Travel Lodge.

Travelodge

@travelodgeuk

Grant Hearn
Chief Executive

E-mail[email protected]

Telephone01844 358500Website

http://www.travelodge.co.uk

Company Twitter@travelodgeuk

D

Deleted member 1779

Fanfare please boys.....

d4a5becb83844e9c8377801761a4d106

Dear Mr Hazell,

Thank you for your recent email which has reached our Chief Executive’s Office.

I was most concerned to hear of the problems that you experienced in regards
to your booking at Warrington Lymm Services Travelodge.

We have taken your comments seriously and the District Manager

and

our Health and Safety department are currently investigating the issue.

As soon as that investigation is complete, we will be in a position to respond to you in full.

Thank you again for contacting us.
Kind regards

Jessica Riley

Travelodge Customer Services
Chief Executives' Office

Reply to Legal advice sought guys... Do you think I will get my money back? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bit of a strange subject title for a tiling forum, but that’s what I’ve had for the past 10...
Replies
Views
Russell brown
R
P
Here is my all to common rant of the week before I go on my holiday tomorrow. I am a woman, its...
Replies
Views
DHTiling
D
C
I am in no doubt that our friend Wivers is now flying high! Before a company goes public...
Replies
Views
wivers
W
A
Had cararra marble (honed natural finish) tiles laid yesterday. The tiler said he didn't have...
Replies
Views
G
If I ever was cool that is.. For the past year I have been working with my brother since our...
Replies
Views
DHTiling
D

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB