UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

• Thread starter The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP
  • Start date
  • Replies 45
  • Views 667
  • Tags
    usa

Discuss Macten is a real snazzy dresser. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Nottingham
I just want to say a HUGE thank you to Phil for agreeing to take on this job with me. I was half expecting him to get back in his van and go back home when he saw what we were up against - I really wouldn't have blamed him. It's one of those jobs
where every bit of judgement is telling you not to get involved but he's stuck at it, and we're doing it and making good progress all things considered. Got some Strongbow in for you mate :8:

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

Just at the start Joe, not many pics yet.

Attachments

• not1.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 89
  • not2.jpg
    162.6 KB · Views: 91
  • not3.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 97
M

MTiler

Thanks Joe, Nick is having to manufacture a lot of the pieces from larger tiles, we might be struggling for certain sizes/ colours. I have started a thread asking if anyone has some stock of old tiles. We need some dark chocolate brown, and some buff if any restoration members read this and can help I would appreciate a call.:thumbsup:

Have you tried contacting Original Style?

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Nottingham
Looking good Nick and Phil, its great to see such a nice floor being re-cycled
I like the wee bridge you have made too

I have some dark brown 6x3s it the shed, but they are new OS tiles though?

Phils' been in this game for long enough to insist we knock up some bridges - 3 toddlers at various stages of toddling are toddling around !!

Think we have a solution for the buff and brown shortage but now desperately after some whites!!
Again, reclaimed if possible.

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

Just a few more pics of the job in progress, we would like some feedback from members if poss. We are trying to talk the customer into having a plain black border ( variable), he had in mind a fussy pattern for the border. We think it would detract from the floor pattern, were as a plain black would bring out the colour/design. What do you guy's/gal's think?

As you can see we are having to make a lot of the pieces from smaller tiles (white triangles, buff squares). Most of the other tiles are being made on site by Nick.

Attachments

• hy5.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 36
  • hy4.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 40
  • hy3.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 38
  • hy2.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 46
  • hy1.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 37
  • hy6.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 36
  • hy7.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 37
  • hy8.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 40
  • hy9.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 42
  • hy10.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 41
  • Nick's first panel, (cup of tea is a must to aid concentration)..jpg
    118 KB · Views: 45

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Nottingham
Thought we might be done by middle of next week but I doubt that now.
The day when me and Phil discard our spent silicone cartridges can't come soon enough.
Phil even said today must have been one of his most challenging tiling ever!
Just want to say thanks again to Phil - the end IS in sight! Good job as well 'cos I'm bloody frozen!

Reply to Macten is a real snazzy dresser. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
T
Hello I’ve been setting tile for 35 years, however I’m now retired and moved from Wisconsin to...
Replies
Views
Topshop
T
1) The bandage was wound around the wound. 2) The farm was used to produce produce. 3) The dump...
Replies
Views
kendo1
K
R
It seems that the Xmas rush has well and truly got under way for me (I think thats a good...
Replies
Views
One of my mates is just about to complete on a house in Central Oxford and as he is not in the...
Replies
Views
Gazzer
G

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.