Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Manufactured Curvature 60 x 30 cm Porcelain Tiles In Brick Pattern in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

C

Colour Republic

Re: Manufactured Curvature 60 x 30 cm Porcelain Tiles In Brick Patter

Yeah maybe on new work but not on houses that are nearly a 100 years old and have had no end of floor coverings on it.

It doesn't say level, it says "no appreciable difference between levels across tiles" if the floor is all over the place then it needs sorting out first to make it suitable for tiling.

C

Colour Republic

Same as no appreciable difference

Not it's not.

You're point is about bowed tiles, the fact a floor is 100 years old or not doesn't come in to it.

Level and flat are not the same things.

Regardless it seems your client won't like you inspect the floor so you have nothing to worry about as they should.

But honestly leave the bad feeling at the door, anybody that has to wade through 6 pages just to get to the point is likely to be bored when as I say it could have been done and dusted in 1. Just spit it out, then a debate could have been had on BS and if it is at all possible with bowed tiles that are within tolerances stated else where in BS5385

But at the risk of me getting dragged in to another 6 pages... i'm out

C

Colour Republic

The client knew all about their crap floors tiles they inspected them and accepted them to be fitted more likely had a discount on them it's not for me to go around and condemn the manufactures floor tiles that are warped and are manufactured to BS standards

It is your job, You as the professional should have advised them accordingly.

P

Paul Crosby

They were advised on the floor tiles the tiles were all laid out in both brick and in rows so they saw what they were getting and they were adamant on a brick pattern. I didn't quote to give them a detailed survey on ever single one of there floor tiles and then to give them a detailed report back on them it's also the duty of the tile shop salesman to advise them on issues with the floor tiles as well as they are meant know all about what they are selling in the first place.

W

White Room

They were advised on the floor tiles the tiles were all laid out in both brick and in rows so they saw what they were getting and they were adamant on a brick pattern. I didn't quote to give them a detailed survey on ever single one of there floor tiles and then to give them a detailed report back on them it's also the duty of the tile shop salesman to advise them on issues with the floor tiles as well as they are meant know all about what they are selling in the first place.

And thats what they do, sell tiles, and in some cases the particular salesman dos'nt know what to look for so the fixer/tiler is where the buck stops if the tiles have been fitted and are not fit for purpose.

P

Paul Crosby

No the buck stops with the client they selected their floor tiles / they purchased their floor tiles / they inspected their floor tiles / they accepted their floor tiles / they even accepted these floor tiles to be grouted the following day by saying they were very happy for the floor to be grouted.

What's happened they don't like the floor tiles they had selected and purchased and this was after the floor tiles were fitted and grouted and didn't complain till a couple of days after the job was completed.

What it is they don't want to pay for their own bad choices so it's easy not to pay the tilers then it is to blame the manufactures for suppling tile boxes blank because if this information regarding warped floor tiles was printed on the boxes of floor tiles then the client can see what they are purchasing and if not happy they can return them but the reason why the manufactures don't put this information on their boxes of floor tiles as they should do is because they wouldn't sell any if they did so do you think that's fair on the client and tilers.

P

Paul Crosby

They were laid out in both patterns brick and rows they saw what they was getting after all these floor tiles are all EU / BS approved for fitting so it's not compulsory for me to tell or condemn tiles that are manufactured to EU / BS standards like it not compulsory for the manufactures to put this information on their boxes of floor tiles in the first place they make them warped so why shouldn't they be made to put this on their boxes it's the same as me not having to tell client and then ones the client accepts the floor for grouting then they have accepted the tile lipping then the bucks sits with the client.

Reply to Manufactured Curvature 60 x 30 cm Porcelain Tiles In Brick Pattern in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi. I'm relatively new to tiling, and have begun offering it as a service alongside my existing...
Replies
Views
S
Hello all, Can any experts give me some advice please. I have a single brick detached garage...
Replies
Views
Time's Ran Out
T
The growing popularity of “Thin Porcelain Tile” Now that industry professionals have coined a...
Replies
Views
Rizzle from the Portizzle
R
J
Hi all At the risk of starting another Rubis are great/Rubis are terrible discussion I have a...
Replies
Views
S
U
About a year ago, I had 64 sqm porcelain tiles installed on top of a concrete slab, forming a...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Manufactured Curvature 60 x 30 cm Porcelain Tiles In Brick Pattern
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Canada Tile Advice
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond