Discuss marking your cuts in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

C

charlie1

From what you are saying I think you must be the best tiler on the planet if you tile every wall and you only have to put one mark on the tile and it fits perfectly you must be all that and a bag of chips and I take my hat of to you as I am a mere mortal and have to mark the tile at both ends. That is exactly what I mean

dean, your comments are sarcastic and tbh, not very funny!

i know how to use a spirit level (big deal) i do only single mark my tiles to be cut in to wall i have previously tiled (big deal also) this is not the way i have always done it but you improve as long as you are willing too!

There's only one way to settle this

Attachments

• image.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 47
T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

thats what I'm talking about Phil, if you made the walls yourself then no hidden surprises. Thanks mate
I know the old strip, render, and tile, as we called it does not exist anymore. But we can do the same thing with dot & dab plasterboard or backer boards one way or another. There is always a way to get over any problem imo, that is why we are called tilers. We polish turds.:thumbsup:

C

charlie1

Big man ..:lol: .. grow up mate .. this is a tilers forum for real tilers and not virtual ones.. you will never get true walls on every job and if you cannot admit that then you are in the wrong trade.

Dave, ill give you the benefit of the doubt and guess you have been on the bevy tonight as you clearly cant read! When did i say every wall was 100% plumb? As for virtual tilers....they don't get anymore virtual than you mate as you have more posts on here than anyone... That's a fact ;-)

C

charlie1

I know the old strip, render, and tile, as we called it does not exist anymore. But we can do the same thing with dot & dab plasterboard or backer boards one way or another. There is always a way to get over any problem imo, that is why we are called tilers. We polish turds.:thumbsup:

phill, you seem to know where I'm coming from on this one. A little extra work getting your walls plumb takes the job to a new level Imo. Ed was telling me about the dot dab technique used by the likes of yourself and ed, very fascinating.

D

DHTiling

Dave, ill give you the benefit of the doubt and guess you have been on the bevy tonight as you clearly cant read! When did i say every wall was 100% plumb? As for virtual tilers....they don't get anymore virtual than you mate as you have more posts on here than anyone... That's a fact ;-)

LOL.. you have to laff at Losers... :lol: <<< right at ya mate.. since when as post count got to do with what is right.. if a wall isn't 100% plumb then you point to point cuts ,, easy as that and if you cannot grasp that then is that my problem.. you sir are a loser and i thought more of you as a member and for that reason find no more reasons to respond to your silly posts.. post away as one shall not reply .. if you want to pm me and chat more then feel free .

C

charlie1

LOL.. you have to laff at Losers... :lol: <<< right at ya mate.. since when as post count got to do with what is right.. if a wall isn't 100% plumb then you point to point cuts ,, easy as that and if you cannot grasp that then is that my problem.. you sir are a loser and i thought more of you as a member and for that reason find no more reasons to respond to your silly posts.. post away as one shall not reply .. if you want to pm me and chat more then feel free .

there you go again insulting other members!! How many have you fallen out with now due to your arrogance on this forum? Nuff said

D

DHTiling

there you go again insulting other members!! How many have you fallen out with now due to your arrogance on this forum? Nuff said

Never a true word spoken .. you spout poo and then cannot say why .. tell us poor tilers how you would sort out an L shaped( 2 sides exposed) shower with out of plumb walls and deal with the external profile of zero to what ever packing out you would do and have been taught on your special 5 days at NETT.

You can type what ever remarks back to members but when they do to you you say you are a victim ... how old are you ..?

C

charlie1

So let me get the straight you go to quote a job and the walls are flat but out of plumb. So you quote for making the walls plumb and possibly replacing the ceiling and floor and if they are not prepared to do this you will walk away from the job????

that's a bit extreme. I price to do the job to a level i would be happy with and price accordingly, i submit a price and its either accepted or not. Installing a new ceiling would be optional extra as does not really affect my tiling, however if the floor requires a screed then id be more insistent.

C

charlie1

Never a true word spoken .. you spout poo and then cannot say why .. tell us poor tilers how you would sort out an L shaped( 2 sides exposed) shower with out of plumb walls and deal with the external profile of zero to what ever packing out you would do and have been taught on your special 5 days at NETT.

You can type what ever remarks back to members but when they do to you you say you are a victim ... how old are you ..?

Dave, its no secret i learned to tile on a 5 day course at NETT, I've never hidden this as its on my profile lol. Your up to your old tricks again attempting to discredit other members of daves world.... Er sorry... Tilers forum! Dave, why do you fall out with so many members on here??? Your making yourself look silly, no go rally the troops lol

Reply to marking your cuts in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Beginner DIY Tiler, I'm contemplating drilling (with ceramic tile carbide tipped drill bits)...
Replies
Views
I’ve got a job using marble geometric mosaics about 10 mm thick. I’ve tried several blades to...
Replies
Views
Most tutorials suggest 'pushing firmly'. How do you know how firmly, and how can you ensure that...
Replies
Views
Hi. Hoping you al. Can help me. I have an issue where I had a bathroom built and a shower...
Replies
Views
Looking for some technical advice on these tiles please. Our installers fitted this CaPietra...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB