Discuss marking your cuts in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

C

charlie1

Charlie1 I have no wish to fall out with you over this but the fact for me at least is that most of the time I am asked to do the tiling and that is what I do some times I prep the walls and sometimes I have to get over other peoples prep work but even when I prep it myself I will very rarely make the wall plumb unless I am completely re boarding it.

well thankyou for an honest respectfully reply dean. I do value your opinion among others on the forum.

C

charlie1

Sorry Dave. I answered with......

- - - Updated - - -

no, i you read my reply again you will see that i agreed with you to a certain extent!

option 1, plumb wall and have exposed edge gap.

option 2, plumb where tiles meet in corner but fade to profile of wall on outer edge

option 3 simply tile whole wall out of plumb.

I'm well aware that tiling to profile of wall is the better option in some cases.

...this

D

DHTiling

Dave i said two hours ago i partially agreed with you! .... Tell the truth, how many cans have you had tonight??

Truth .. none .. i am baby sitting my grandaughter .. she has just gone to sleep .

Does me having an opinion make it only applicable if i have had cans :lol: .. well i never .. good night mr charlie as i sleep whilst she is.. well at least it was eye opening to readers as it will be evident evidence.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to marking your cuts in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Beginner DIY Tiler, I'm contemplating drilling (with ceramic tile carbide tipped drill bits)...
Replies
Views
I’ve got a job using marble geometric mosaics about 10 mm thick. I’ve tried several blades to...
Replies
Views
Most tutorials suggest 'pushing firmly'. How do you know how firmly, and how can you ensure that...
Replies
Views
Hi. Hoping you al. Can help me. I have an issue where I had a bathroom built and a shower...
Replies
Views
Looking for some technical advice on these tiles please. Our installers fitted this CaPietra...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB