Search the forum,

Discuss Marmox in Northern Ireland. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

A

Ascot

Does anyone know where on earth you can buy marmox boards in Northern Ireland? I hear they are a bit cheaper than Wedi board (but they don't seem too abundant here either!)

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Can any of the online stores post to NI fairly cheaply? It's really light stuff to be honest it just takes up a lot of transit space perhaps. You should find somebody does it fairly cheap though.

A

Ascot

Yeah Dan, i might have to go to the online stores. It would just be nice to go and pick some up!

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Underfloor Heating | Electric | Warm Water | Floor Insulation | Frost Protection | Uheat sell it you could ask them for a bit of a small stock for yourself, and then mention it to a few other tilers, and perhaps even make back your delivery costs by selling it for a slight profit to cover it perhaps?

If you can buy a fair pallet load and shift it regularly, Marmox will even give you an account for you to buy direct, I'm sure. Worth considering if it's so rare, maybe?

Not sure what the score is with transit from the UK to NI to be honest, whether ship or air is used or what. So not sure what would work out cheapest but worth considering because the amount of jobs it can be used on is quite high and people tend to cut corners when they're not using such products.

I think Wedi is quite heavy so you'd have to factor that in when considering shipping with that stuff. But Marmox is like transporting air in a box around. It's just a big box.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Of course of course!

And they're up north so transport will probably be cheaper!

Sorry should have thought of PHG then!

A

Ascot

Thanks for the suggestions. Unfortunately I'm just DIYing and don't mix with too many other tilers but good tip on the weight difference between Wedi and Marmox! Have you used marmox yourself? Its the light weight and the easy cutting that appeals to me.

Thanks to the posters on this forum i have been convinced that sheeting out my stud wall at my shower and the box behind my basin and wc was a bad idea for tiling onto, so i'm switching to a good backerboard.

A

Ascot

At a quick check, PHG doesn't mention delivery to NI but Uheat - The Underfloor Heating Shop charges £25 for delivery. Thanks, that's a good starting point for me.

D

DHTiling

Just phone PHG and ask, tell him tilers forums sent you.. marmox boards are good, i use no other brand of polycore....

A

Ascot

I'll do that.

Just spotted another board called Orbry. It's a good bit cheaper than again. Has anyone had any experience of it?

Reply to Marmox in Northern Ireland. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen