UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Mitred edges - 12mm travertine in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

robertson60

Thanks for posting a question i was needing to ask as well, i was all prepared for trim around my door frame,reading some of the replies here that idea is scrapped but as im a joiner i was thinking mitred would be better, but then would like to see some finished pics of mitred, butt and birds mouth to see which has the better finish.

birds mouth is also used in roofs, where rafters sit on top of the wall plate, useless info i know lol

L

Lodger

How about grinding a pencil edge onto the reveal tiles, and hone. then put a miter on the 4 internal corners. So tile the wall first, with tiles flush or with 2-3mm overhanging into to the reveals, then fit the pencil edge tiles onto the reveal flush or with 1-2 space for grout line . All you have to miter is the 4 internal corners of the reveal. Not the whole face or it. That imho, would give a clean edge with a look you would achieve with a round trim. But without a trim!

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Mitred edges - 12mm travertine in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi am tiling a wet room with 5mm thick porcelain mosaic tiles (hexagons 5x5cm). The wet room is...
Replies
Views
All, I have 600mm by 300mm porcelain tiles for the shower area. The girlfriend wants a vertical...
Replies
Views
Hi. I'm relatively new to tiling, and have begun offering it as a service alongside my existing...
Replies
Views
J
Hi I am having the kitchen splashback re-tiled and there are a couple of corners. I really...
Replies
Views
Time's Ran Out
T
B
Hi All, I am sure this is a topic discussed before and I have managed to dig out some historic...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.